Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Been Around the Block Chris1015's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Yes it can, that's why you do the gussets. From what it sounds like you'll be using the Jeep for, this should get you by. Then if you do bend it someday, upgrade at that time.
    It is a daily driver as well. Still recommend the gussets versus the new D44?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1015 View Post

If you want to upgrade, then sure why not, but I'm trying to tell you that you probably don't need to. Dynatrac has some good pricing going on right now though if you want to.

If you have the $$ for a new D44, then do it.

Personally, I would recommend a winch and some Rubicon take offs first.

Been Around the Block Gravedigger11's Avatar
    Hi, everyone

I've had my JK for about a month now. The obsession ins real and I read up every day mods and parts to the best I can.

Any way, my goal is to ride trails and eventually trip out to the west coast. So my priority is to handle mud, hills, etc. that are more common in my region. Things like rock crawling might be not as important now but I don't want to limit myself completely when I do go out that way.

Here's my list of what I personally think I need to do in order to mod efficiently. Im hoping for critiques and your opinions. My thought process is simple. Do the necessary mods so i dont do avoidable damage later.

This is a list of what I feel I need to do first:

D44 front axle to accommodate 35s.
    Lift...2.5 or above
    Fenders
    Skid plate
    Rock bars

How would you guys go about modding up a stock sahara?

You don't need a D44 to run 35s. The Dana 30 will be fine just slap some c gussets on. I run 35s on my Dana 30 locked and wheel some moderate to difficult trails. I try to limit bouncing or spinning the tires. I have sleeves, c gussets, chromoly shafts and it is locked. I wouldn't suggest doing all that unless you plan on keeping the axle for a while as I do. I'd buy a quality lift and winch. Don't skimp on those two you will forever regret it if you don't like them

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12