Removable Mud Flaps

Brute

Hooked
Has anyone started a thread about removable mud flaps? I'm thinking about installing some on the JK6...love to see some pics and comments

Brute

Hooked
Mahalo...I was considering the EVO set; a policeman pulled me over while I was cruising on the Olympic Peninsula...he was nice & & didn't give me a ticket...but said I should get some...

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
This brings up a good question: If your residence state does not have any laws requiring mud flats, can a police officer in the visiting state right you a ticket?

Am glad as well not having to worry about mud flaps living in Nevada, but was curious if some California police officer could write me a ticket.

Meanwhile, I do not see myself commuting to Hawaii anytime soon, so not worried about that far west: :crazyeyes:

SDG

Caught the Bug
This brings up a good question: If your residence state does not have any laws requiring mud flats, can a police officer in the visiting state right you a ticket?

Am glad as well not having to worry about mud flaps living in Nevada, but was curious if some California police officer could write me a ticket.

Meanwhile, I do not see myself commuting to Hawaii anytime soon, so not worried about that far west: :crazyeyes:
Absolutely, local laws are what the officers enforce. Whether it be mud flaps, tinted windows etc. Not just CA, UT is pretty strict on mudflaps as well IIRC.

Sent from my SM-G900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I thought their jurisdiction ended at the state line in most states. With the exception if they were already in a pursuit of a crime that first occurred within their area of jurisdiction.

Brute

Hooked
Going through Oregon last March on the way to Moab, a patrol car pulled me over because my fenders width didn't cover my tires completely...she said the only reason I didn't get a ticket was my HI plates & my mud flaps on the Brute...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, aside from CA, UT can be a tough state to travel through without mud flaps especially during EJS. That being said, since wearing NV plates, I no longer get pulled over in CA. I've had law enforcement pull up to my 6 to give things a look but then drive on by. I have been pulled over in WA almost immediately after crossing the border but the officer let me go after having a good laugh that my tires would actually be legal in NV being that it could throw "cats and small children from its lugs".

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As mentioned, aside from CA, UT can be a tough state to travel through without mud flaps especially during EJS. That being said, since wearing NV plates, I no longer get pulled over in CA. I've had law enforcement pull up to my 6 to give things a look but then drive on by. I have been pulled over in WA almost immediately after crossing the border but the officer let me go after having a good laugh that my tires would actually be legal in NV being that it could throw "cats and small children from its lugs".

Was that back when you were run the mud grapplers? [emoji23][emoji23]

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
I also have the set from EVO and love being able to remove them when I get to the trail. I've been talked to once about my fender coverage but since I had mud flaps, he let me go. IMG_1479430400.973627.jpg

Brute

Hooked
The main reason I was pulled over on the Olympic Peninsula was that I accidentally turned on my rock lights while trying to turn on the fan for the trans cooler...I was stuck in traffic trying to make the last ferry from Bainbridge Island to Seattle...he saw the undercarriage lights in & whipped a u-turn...then noticed no mud flaps. He was quite pleasant, and started to talk about his Jeep...and really dug the Hellcat...

Top Bottom