Too much bump stop?

Keggerbombs

Alright so I just installed a 6in longarm kit on my 2001 TJ. I haven't upgraded shocks or springs yet because I want to do the SYE kit before I go up on height from my old 3.5in lift. The problem is now I flex too much for the old setup! Who thought you could have too much flex!? Hahaha..alright so it will still be a bit before I can change out shocks and springs, and my only thought is to add more bump stop to prevent my inner fenders from eating up my tires. So the question I have is, if I add anymore bump stop, will it be too much? I'll add a photo to this showing the current amount. I feel like if I add any more I won't have any room for the springs to do their job lol..any advice for a fairly new jeeper? Thanks for the help in advance guys I appreciate any input!

Here is a photo from a run last weekend and as you can see I am clearly way too tucked here haha IMG_1479439481.556774.jpg

Here is a shot of the amount of bumpstop already stacked up IMG_1479439567.573897.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Your bump stops should be set where full bump is right before your tires hit the fenders or before the shocks bottom out. So figure out what happens first (shock or fender) then set your bump stops there. You can add an inch at a time with hockey pucks if you want. It's cheap.

Top Bottom