Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: LS Burnout - Gearing talk

  1. #1
    Advertiser
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    86

    LS Burnout - Gearing talk



    Nice one Robbie!!!

  2. #2
    Knows a Thing or Two aldaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    980
    Very informative, a lot of good info....

  3. #3
    Nothing but a Thing 2Cross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    1,003
    Right on

    IMG_4754.JPG


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Willys / 1949 CJ3A
    Autumn Yellow
    2.2 Ecotec to th350
    HEMI / 2011 JKUR
    Sahara Tan
    UNNAMED / 2012 JKR
    Ruby Red

  4. #4
    Addict Brute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    HI & WA
    Posts
    6,637
    After watching the video, there were several more videos choices; one of which shows a Jeep high centered...they eventually winch it off the rock. They wrapped the synthetic winch line around a rock & hooked it onto itself...without using a strap or tree saver, usually a very bad idea. It eventually dragged the winch line under the rock...I'm not sure how they freed it, since the clip ended...this is a good example of bad winch technique


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  5. #5
    Nothing but a Thing 2Cross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    After watching the video, there were several more videos choices; one of which shows a Jeep high centered...they eventually winch it off the rock. They wrapped the synthetic winch line around a rock & hooked it onto itself...without using a strap or tree saver, usually a very bad idea. It eventually dragged the winch line under the rock...I'm not sure how they freed it, since the clip ended...this is a good example of bad winch technique


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Huh

    Wrong thread? I want to see what you're talking about now though


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Willys / 1949 CJ3A
    Autumn Yellow
    2.2 Ecotec to th350
    HEMI / 2011 JKUR
    Sahara Tan
    UNNAMED / 2012 JKR
    Ruby Red

  6. #6
    Addict Brute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    HI & WA
    Posts
    6,637
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Cross View Post
    Huh

    Wrong thread? I want to see what you're talking about now though


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Apparently the video has been removed...

    Apparently it's my computer...after watching the LS Burnout clip. you will see choices for several more Mo Tech you tube clips...click on the LS3 JKU on a rock...
    Last edited by Brute; 12-13-2016 at 10:45 PM.

  7. #7
    Addict Brute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    HI & WA
    Posts
    6,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    Apparently the video has been removed...
    Go to you tube and search for this...

    MoTech LS3 JKU on a rock

    You will see the video of the winch clip I was referring to...

  8. #8
    Nothing but a Thing 2Cross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    Go to you tube and search for this...

    MoTech LS3 JKU on a rock

    You will see the video of the winch clip I was referring to...
    Saw it
    Nice jeep...no driving or recovery skills


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Willys / 1949 CJ3A
    Autumn Yellow
    2.2 Ecotec to th350
    HEMI / 2011 JKUR
    Sahara Tan
    UNNAMED / 2012 JKR
    Ruby Red

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS