Okay, I'm an idiot - What's a C???

chili4x4

OK.. I need help... What's a C???... I have 35s on my 2010 with a 2 1/2 puck lift, flatty fenders, but no other mods...

Ddays

Hooked
OK.. I need help... What's a C???... I have 35s on my 2010 with a 2 1/2 puck lift, flatty fenders, but no other mods...

C is the end of the axle housing that the steering knuckle attaches to. This one is shown with a gusset welded on.

jkknucklegusset3sized.jpg

Edit: Damn I'm slow.....

671JKU

This is awesome info for people wanting to or considering making the jump from 35's to 37's.

One good question to ask is, "What is your intention with your rig?"

I am running Toyo Open Country MTR's in 37"x13.5R20 configuration and drive this daily with no issues. After regearing the Jeep with 5:38 Yukon ring & pinion I actually get better gas mileage than stock. These tires are quiet on the road and offer exceptional performance off road as well. Regearing is crucial when upgrading to larger tires otherwise you start causing undue stress and wear on other parts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is awesome info for people wanting to or considering making the jump from 35's to 37's.

I am running Toyo Open Country MTR's in 37"x13.5R20 configuration and drive this daily with no issues. After regearing the Jeep with 5:38 Yukon ring & pinion I actually get better gas mileage than stock. These tires are quiet on the road and offer exceptional performance off road as well. Regearing is crucial when upgrading to larger tires otherwise you start causing undue stress and wear on other parts.

Cool story bro - try re-calibrating your speedometer.

There is no way this is true, the gas mileage blurb. Have you recalibrated your system for the tires and gears yet? Something ain't right there...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Big enough tires, deep enough gears, and you could have hybrid-beating fuel consumption. :D

LOL!! Cruising at highway speed, yeah, it could happen if only the tires didn't have such a large contact patch and so much rolling resistance the way a Toyo MT would have. :crazyeyes:

671JKU

Cool story bro - try re-calibrating your speedometer.

Everything was done after regearing and it's funny how there's so much negativity in here. It seems that everyone is an "expert" at something being talked about in here but it's all just lips flapping and fingers tapping like true keyboard warriors.

Cool story indeed. No one stopped to consider all the elements involved without jumping the gun but like I said, everyone's an expert in here.[emoji849][emoji57]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Everything was done after regearing and it's funny how there's so much negativity in here. It seems that everyone is an "expert" at something being talked about in here but it's all just lips flapping and fingers tapping like true keyboard warriors.

Cool story indeed. No one stopped to consider all the elements involved without jumping the gun but like I said, everyone's an expert in here.[emoji849][emoji57]

LOL!! Clearly, the only expert here is you.

Clutch

Caught the Bug

Just admit that your comment was wrong and defies logic and move on. We all make mistakes.

jagrubb99

Every piece of information you've spewed since being on here makes no logical sense, therefore it was called out.

Top Bottom