Nutsert Fix 101

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Ok. I had installed some EVO corners. Now at least everyone has had issues with a nutsert coming loose as you are screwing in your bolt. Everybody that had dealt with this knows how much of a pain in the ass it is to fix. I figured out a solution and wanted to share with everyone. Once you get bolt out it is smooth sailing. Measure where the bolt starts to twist the nutsert. At that measure is where you will cut bolt shorter. It will then fit into nutsert and still tighten but not stick out as in first picture. This is called a "fake it fix". I am uploading pics per step with tools your will need. Hope this helps someone. My pics are shitty so I apologize.

nutsert1.jpg

nutsert3.jpg

nutsert4.jpg

nutsert5.jpg

nutsert6.jpg

nutsert7.jpg

nutsert8.jpg

nutsert9.jpg

This picture I had another issue like the first picture the bolt on lower panel was sticking out. I cut and shortened this one and now looks so much better.

nutsert2.jpg

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Yes, but when you have the panel on and have a few spinning this is a quicker option. No taking the panel completely off. I had to take panel off to redo. This can be done with panel on.

Ddays

Hooked
LOL - I had one of those f'ers on one of my lower skins. Of course it didn't spin until I was installing the next to the last screw after painting. I RTV'd the bastard on :blush:

kawimoto

I've had good luck with drilling them out, just like rivet. Then replacing them with a new nutsert.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I know this post is old but I’m tasked with redoing my skins and I’m planning to drill all my nutserts out and redoing them all. Any advise or tricks you found ? Anything at all will help. I made the mistake of not buying a nice nutserts tool the first go round and the threads pulled to one side on just about all the nutserts. Causing the bolts to go in poorly and just overall not happy with it. Thanks in advance

Bear_JT

Hooked
I think a good nutsert tool, like the long handled ones and taking your time is key. I went through about 3 of the Harbor Freight ones installing my EVO Rockskins before I ordered one of the better long handled ones off Amazon. Taking your time and watching that you pull evenly helps the threads stay centered. Good luck with your redo!

SSRuger

When I had spinning nutserts I used a dremel and cut 4 notches in the outside lip of the nutsert. Then used a flat tip and a small hammer to tap the edges and just pushed them into the body.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Consider stainless nutserts. A little pricey yes, but beats having to deal with spinners. Coat liberally with anti-seize and its not a shitty job taking them on & off.

Top Bottom