Lod front bumper questions.

Bluewillys

I want to get a front stinger bumper for wife's jku for Christmas. All 3 of Lod's narrow stinger bumpers look great but I have a few questions before I decide. I welcome any opinions about the bumpers or any other knowledge y'all can share.

Do you have to remove the crash bar to install any of the bumpers? Her dad's shop is where I would do the work and if he saw me hacking at the family truckster too much he might flip his lid.

Any winches that don't fit?

Having never done this before, how easy is it to install? Bolting stuff on is fine but I'm not a fabricator. If I was I'd make my own.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
We did the signature shorty on the wife's Jeep. Very easy. LOD has plenty of online instructions for their bumpers if you want to see what you're getting into: http://lodoffroad.com/installation-instructions. We put the wife's on in an hour or less. A jack helps. I would recommend soaking all bolts in penetrating oil the night before. LOD will list what winches fit or not. We unfortunately found out we had the non-Zeon version of this bumper AFTER we purchased a Zeon winch. However, a plasma cutter helped us fit the Zeon in just fine :D . All in all, I would say it's a pretty easy mod to do, just pull the front bumper, add the LOD brackets, bolt the new bumper to those brackets.

IMG_20161012_160215_494.jpg

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Do you have to remove the crash bar to install either bumper? Her dads shop is where I would do the work and if he saw me hacking at the family truckster too much he might flip his lid.

No

Any winches that don't fit?
Depends on which bumper you buy, usually the options are "all winches EXCEPT ZEON" or "Zeon"

Having never done this before, how easy is it to install? Bolting stuff on is fine but I'm not a fabricator. If I was I'd make my own.
literally it is as hard as it is to lay on your back and turn an 1/2" drive 18mm socket, or a 3/8" drive deep 18mm... on 8 bolts... :eek: :cheesy:

JeepJeep75

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1479744423.401582.jpg there is zero frame cutting with this bumper. You will need a vacuum pump relocation kit/bracket which involves a small cut with a hack-saw or similar. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1479744561.190322.jpg and if you get the optional lower skid plate, it bolts to the lower edge of the bumper down to the crashbar. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1479744741.820418.jpg if you can drill a few holes, you can definitely do this without any extra fabrication.

Top Bottom