EVO Sliders: Regular vs Low Angle?

EVO Sliders: Regular or Low Angle?

• Regular

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Low Angle

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

Thunder

Are there any other benefits to the low angle apart from it being a better step?

If the step is not a deciding factor would you ever choose low angle over regular?

Rb1boxer_3

I got the angled ones they are good I have no problems when I went out I only got 2 scratches I'm stock no lift and was dragging all over the place. I used to have ace sliders those things were scratched and dented all over since they hang so low.

1474757397809.jpg 1474757560890.jpg 20160924_181935.jpg 20161022_113730.jpg

Out in the Boonies

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, a lower angle would increase the distance between the body of your Jeep and whatever it is you might be pivoting off of. I personally still prefer the regular mount though.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do people ever find the low angle ones to be slippery as a step? Just picturing it getting wet from rain, puddles, mud and then you go to use it as a step and slip right off of it. Issue? No issue?

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

3M grip tape on top will help ensure you wouldn't have this problem but, I've not seen or heard of anyone having issues with them. If anything, the back of your pants will get dirty/muddy as you hit them when getting out of your jeep but that's about it.

Jackal01

Do people ever find the low angle ones to be slippery as a step? Just picturing it getting wet from rain, puddles, mud and then you go to use it as a step and slip right off of it. Issue? No issue?

I painted mine with bedliner. But if you wanted regular paint you could probably put that "tape" that goes on stairs or walkways for grip. Put a strip down on top of the tube.

Last edited:

GraniteCrystal

3M grip tape on top will help ensure you wouldn't have this problem but, I've not seen or heard of anyone having issues with them. If anything, the back of your pants will get dirty/muddy as you hit them when getting out of your jeep but that's about it.
Yeah, thought of putting something like that on them. Good point on the dirty pants; hadn't thought of that. All the more reason to keep the Jeep washed and clean 👍

RubiJay

If you put the 3M grip tape on the regular ones, can they still be an adequate step for normal passengers?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you put the 3M grip tape on the regular ones, can they still be an adequate step for normal passengers?

I suppose it depends on the person using them. For me, I stand on mine all the time when doing things like removing my soft top or cleaning it and that's without any grip tape. I suppose if you have really big feet, this could be a challenge though.

Rb1boxer_3

I suppose it depends on the person using them. For me, I stand on mine all the time when doing things like removing my soft top or cleaning it and that's without any grip tape. I suppose if you have really big feet, this could be a challenge though.
Lol these size 14s need that angle step. I have grip tape but haven't put it on. It's not lifted yet so I'm good for now.

Out in the Boonies

Havoc40

I personally like the standard sliders best. That said, I went with the low angle due to all the vertically challenged people getting in my Jeep regularly. Putting some grip tape helped a ton but, you'll have to pay attention jumping out as it will chew your calf alive.

Last edited:

thereich

I'm glad this poll came up as I will be shopping for frame mount sliders and like to know peoples opinion. Mine will be on a 2 door which don't normally see the use a 4 door does but I would think the normal mount would be best for me. If I need a step to get in my jeep, I don't need a jeep. I'm also young and dumb too.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Been running low angle sliders on my two door for years now and love them! They work as a step for helping people climb in the back, for my short gf or mom climbing in, work great at pushing me off of rocks to help me pivot, and just look awesome!
IMG_6826.jpg
IMG_6702.jpg

benatc1

Hooked
I have the low angle on my 2 door an will probably by the low angle for my 4 door before to long. I like the step- helps the fiance and other short people in my life. don't think you can go wrong either way tho

Thunder

Thanks guys, great info here! Appreciate the pics too!
Sounds like everybody's really happy either way they go and you really can't go wrong.
The difference can only so much anyways.
I called EVO and asked if there was any other reason to buy the low angle if the step wasn't an issue?
I don't know who it was I spoke with but the answer was definitely go regular if you don't care about the step.
I'll probably go regular.

Top Bottom