Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 LastLast

Thread: 12' Gecko Build

Nothing but a Thing desertrunner's Avatar
    So I was able to cut the heads off of those rivets and pull that bar off pretty easy. That bar was only there to allow the slide to move freely when the seat is folded forward so really no impact to me now.
    I don't have time right now to get the passenger seat in but I hooked everything back up to the wiring harness including the weight sensor and I have no lights on the dash.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    12' 2dr Gecko Sport 6 speed
    PR44, ARBs, 4.88s, 35 spline rear, Adams 1350 Front & Rear, Rubi T-case, Rubi sway bar + Evo no limits, Evo armor & skids, 37/13.50" Cooper STT Pro, Evo 2" plush / OME med duty springs

***SOLD*** 08' JKU Rubicon 6-speed Stone White, 3.5" RK lift, 37" KM2s and lots more.
    ***CURRENT DD*** 16' F150

Well it's a good thing I at least got the drivers seat done because that same night my dumb ass smoked a concrete pole in a parking lot in my truck head on. Damage from the outside doesn't look terrible but I hit right on the front frame horn. I hit so hard I'm honestly surprised the airbags didn't go off. It goes into the shop tomorrow to assess the damage and I'm praying the frame is ok. So I'll be DDing my singe seat Jeep for a while haha. Once I get the truck out of the garage I'll get back into the passenger seat install on the jeep but I need to get the truck taken care of first.
    The amature mechanic in me wants to just fix is all myself but as I started to dive into it so much of the front bumper/grill/headlight assembly is a bunch of plastic bull shit all attached to each other and more and more broken plastic kept falling out. Not to mention the frame horn looks a little crunched and the body gap along the hood doesn't match the other side and my steering wheel is a good 1/4-1/2 turn off. Think I'm just gonna have to cut my losses on this one.

PR44, ARBs, 4.88s, 35 spline rear, Adams 1350 Front & Rear, Rubi T-case, Rubi sway bar + Evo no limits, Evo armor & skids, 37/13.50" Cooper STT Pro, Evo 2" plush / OME med duty springs

***SOLD*** 08' JKU Rubicon 6-speed Stone White, 3.5" RK lift, 37" KM2s and lots more.

Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Well it's a good thing I at least got the drivers seat done because that same night my dumb ass smoked a concrete pole in a parking lot in my truck head on. Damage from the outside doesn't look terrible but I hit right on the front frame horn. I hit so hard I'm honestly surprised the airbags didn't go off. It goes into the shop tomorrow to assess the damage and I'm praying the frame is ok. So I'll be DDing my singe seat Jeep for a while haha. Once I get the truck out of the garage I'll get back into the passenger seat install on the jeep but I need to get the truck taken care of first.
    The amature mechanic in me wants to just fix is all myself but as I started to dive into it so much of the front bumper/grill/headlight assembly is a bunch of plastic bull shit all attached to each other and more and more broken plastic kept falling out. Not to mention the frame horn looks a little crunched and the body gap along the hood doesn't match the other side and my steering wheel is a good 1/4-1/2 turn off. Think I'm just gonna have to cut my losses on this one.

My dad ran over a curb embankment in his mini van when I was growing up. It separated a drive thru at the gas station from the regular driveway. The airbags went off and everything lol it was comical looking back at it now.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    My dad ran over a curb embankment in his mini van when I was growing up. It separated a drive thru at the gas station from the regular driveway. The airbags went off and everything lol it was comical looking back at it now.

I'm sure some day I'll look back and laugh but right now I feel pretty fucking stupid. I just completely didn't see it as it was just below hood height and I was gassing around the turn. Totally caught us off guard which is probably good that we didn't brace for it but my wife has some seatbelt bruises. At this point though I don't want to deal with it and I'm just gonna pass it off to a shop. Sure I could fix it and I could get some after market grill and bumper and stuff but for my DD I'm just going to send it off.

Ok finally got the passenger seat wrapped up and fully installed. Made a very similar bracket for the passenger side that I did for the drivers side. It's a little longer and at a different angle to accommodate the accelerometer attached to the buckle. I connected the occupancy sensor and stuffed it into the 5th point slot under the seat and zip tied it up there. Not a perfect solution but I have no lights on the dash and everything seems to function exactly like stock.20191111_155444.jpg20191112_202840.jpg20191114_191806.jpg20191114_191835.jpg20191114_191900.jpg

Damn dude. About time. I’ve been done with mine now for a week. 🤪

2012 Dozer JK
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -KMC Machetes
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Looks great!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    Damn dude. About time. I’ve been done with mine now for a week.

I know I know I have been busy with work and kinda did over 3k worth of damage to my truck right after I finished the drivers seat so....
    Did you get yours worked out with no dash lights?

I know I know I have been busy with work and kinda did over 3k worth of damage to my truck right after I finished the drivers seat so....
    Did you get yours worked out with no dash lights?

Yeah all good. They had airbag sensors and all wiring already in them. I bought them “used”. The person bought them and installed then got a new job a week later and took them out to sell the Jeep.

2012 Dozer JK
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -KMC Machetes
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Ok finally got the passenger seat wrapped up and fully installed. Made a very similar bracket for the passenger side that I did for the drivers side. It's a little longer and at a different angle to accommodate the accelerometer attached to the buckle. I connected the occupancy sensor and stuffed it into the 5th point slot under the seat and zip tied it up there. Not a perfect solution but I have no lights on the dash and everything seems to function exactly like stock.20191111_155444.jpg20191112_202840.jpg20191114_191806.jpg20191114_191835.jpg20191114_191900.jpg

They look awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 LastLast