Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: 12' Gecko Build

Nothing but a Thing desertrunner's Avatar
    Question on the pr44. Which one is the air line tap and which one is the breather?

Edit NVM I'm an idiot turn out pulling off the nipple covers would have told me that. My bad

20171205_194602.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app
    12' 2dr Gecko Sport 6 speed
    Cooper Stt Pro 295/70/17 ATX 195 17x9, 4Dr Rubi suspension, Rubi Swaybar w/EVO manual no limits, Rubi T case, EVO 1/4lb, Warn Powerplant 9.5

***SOLD*** 08' JKU Rubicon 6-speed Stone White, 3.5" RK lift, 37" KM2s and lots more.
    ***CURRENT DD*** 16' Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road 6 speed

Ok guys well the jeep is all back together again. The only thing left to do is fill the diff with oil and take it for a test drive. I'll post up tonight how that goes

Cooper Stt Pro 295/70/17 ATX 195 17x9, 4Dr Rubi suspension, Rubi Swaybar w/EVO manual no limits, Rubi T case, EVO 1/4lb, Warn Powerplant 9.5

***SOLD*** 08' JKU Rubicon 6-speed Stone White, 3.5" RK lift, 37" KM2s and lots more.

Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Ok guys well the jeep is all back together again. The only thing left to do is fill the diff with oil and take it for a test drive. I'll post up tonight how that goes

Curious to see

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ok first night of test driving.... Took it around my neighborhood twice to get the steering wheel all centered up, and took a few more zip ties to get the abs lines from rubbing on the tires but that went well. Just took it across town at 35 and 45 mph and so far so good. Drives great! Gonna stop for about 15 more mins to let the front diff cool down (probably being over cautious but oh well) then take it out on the highway and get it up to 60 to see how it does but so far so good.

I can't help but think to myself with all the things I have pulled apart I must have missed something but I have double and triple checked every bolt so hopefully it's all good to go.

First hwy drive went great! Held it at 50, 55, and 60, and it drove great, no vibrations no weird noises everything seems to be good to go.
    Now keep in mind this is with no front drive shaft so once I get the rear gears installed on the 21st I'll have to test it out with the new front drive shaft in too. But overall the first test drive was a huge success!!!

That’s great news, no wandering and a solid piece of solid axle under there, must be a good feeling

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Good to hear.
    Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    That’s great news, no wandering and a solid piece of solid axle under there, must be a good feeling

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Oh it is an amazing feeling. I still have the fun of putting in the compressor and running all the air lines to the lockers but overall the big scary project is out of the way and it all worked out

Rigs looking good Dawg! You need to update your avatar!
    Gots
    17-Inch Rubi Wheels
    295/70/17 Mastercraft Courser MXT's
    18/59 Springs & Rubi Shocks
    TF Leveling Kit
    1.5" Spidertrax Spacers
    Warn Rock Crawler Stubby & Engo 9000 Winch
    EVO Rear Bolt On "D" Ring Mounts
    EVO Rear Corner Rock Skins
    Rough Country Skids

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

Quote Originally Posted by catahoula View Post
    Rigs looking good Dawg! You need to update your avatar!
    Thanks man. And not until I get a picture as cool as my avatar with the new jeep. I haven't done any difficult wheeling with it yet

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718