Race radios

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I know it's probably only a select few that run race radios along with a cb. But for those that are:
Where do you have it mounted?
How do you have the second antenna mounted?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I just use a handheld Baofeng radio. It works great when wheeling with a group. The handheld race radios are nice because they seem to be much more clear than cb due to the fact that not everyones cb is installed properly and tuned to transmit and receive optimally. There are many channels to choose from too when you run into the problem of other radio traffic on common cb channels. I have not used one to transmit longer distances beyond a 1/2 mile though, and haven't needed to.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J2W4JU...=UTF8&colid=JHRU6AKHUIDR&coliid=IXRDN9XQRT9BR

You can get external antennas, handheld external mics (cb type mic), bigger batteries, and cigarette lighter power chords for it too.

Last edited:

Sullivan

Just switched to race radios. I have a handheld icom for right now but going to be pulling the trigger on a mobile 50watt unit shortly. So much better then CB radio.
I think mine will either be mounted to the passenger side of the center console or I will have a custom bracket made that mounts it on the roll cage. Not sure yet

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
My dilemma is I have my cb mounted above the rear view, and that's really the only place that I can find to put a radio (until I get a cage that is.). My race radio is larger than my uniform cb and just a tad smaller than a full size cobra 29. I run my cb for jeepin and the race for pits and chase for utv racing. Right now I have my race radio set up so I with terminal rings so I just quick attach it to my battery, run the wires out the side of the hood and set the radio on my passenger seat and then use a bolt on mount to the rear frame with the bumper off. Not practical but it works for race day. But I would REALLY like to have it mounted full time

woof359

driver and passenger

ive been trying to find a radion where I can talk to my passenger with the top off at speed, and maytbe still both hear the cd player too

My dilemma is I have my cb mounted above the rear view, and that's really the only place that I can find to put a radio (until I get a cage that is.). My race radio is larger than my uniform cb and just a tad smaller than a full size cobra 29. I run my cb for jeepin and the race for pits and chase for utv racing. Right now I have my race radio set up so I with terminal rings so I just quick attach it to my battery, run the wires out the side of the hood and set the radio on my passenger seat and then use a bolt on mount to the rear frame with the bumper off. Not practical but it works for race day. But I would REALLY like to have it mounted full time

I made a mount for the main part of the radio( detachable head on my 2 meter) to go under my passenger front seat. I then ran a cord to my nav unit and will build a mount to go just above the nav unit. I don't have the head officially mounted yet. Here is a picture of how I mounted it under my seat IMG_1480053823.023612.jpg

I ditched my CB and ham mount on the back of my rig. I recently moved both antennas up just off the side of my hood so I can use my hood as a plane IMG_1480053919.238400.jpg

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I made a mount for the main part of the radio( detachable head on my 2 meter) to go under my passenger front seat. I then ran a cord to my nav unit and will build a mount to go just above the nav unit. I don't have the head officially mounted yet. Here is a picture of how I mounted it under my seat View attachment 232073

I ditched my CB and ham mount on the back of my rig. I recently moved both antennas up just off the side of my hood so I can use my hood as a plane View attachment 232074

Awesome idea! Think these things are actually waterproof enough if I were to end up that deep in a creek?

Tomb1957

I made a mount for the main part of the radio( detachable head on my 2 meter) to go under my passenger front seat. I then ran a cord to my nav unit and will build a mount to go just above the nav unit. I don't have the head officially mounted yet. Here is a picture of how I mounted it under my seat View attachment 232073

I ditched my CB and ham mount on the back of my rig. I recently moved both antennas up just off the side of my hood so I can use my hood as a plane View attachment 232074

I had my dual band antenna mounted on the side of my hood also, but moved it to the tire mount due to tight trails with brush bending my mount.

Top Bottom