Fuel pump killswitch

Trying to make a killswitch to help prevent theft. I pulled up a wiring diagram of the fuel delivery system and I'm trying to run a switch into the power wire for the fuel pump. Can someone help me identify which wire color I should use? I think it is the db/or I just want to make sure I'm reading this correctly.

Image1480013578.277972.jpg

Image1480013984.288536.jpg

I also have this pic to go off of. I guess I just need to buy a switch and 16 gauge wiring. From my understanding I just cut the fuel pump control output wire and feed the new wire into where I cut and connect it to the switch?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepJeep75

Looks like you could try pulling fuse M25 and see if the jeep dies, or doesn't run. I wouldn't be surprised if it sets off a CEL light though.

ScoobyCarolanNC

Ya I pulled the fuse and it dies when I do. Also what would cause the CEL to go on if I added the switch and extra wiring?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

It might if there's a voltage sensor like there are for some other parts. Did you get a CEL when you pulled the fuse? What codes did it throw? I'd guess throwing the switch after it's off would avoid it.

Sent from my duck blind.

JeepJeep75

Ya, if pulling the fuse killed the jeep without setting off a CEL light you should be good to go. It's simple things like this that'll foil a would-be-thief. Anything you can do to slow them down or trip them (thiefs) up is a good thing. [emoji106]

Rottenbelly

On my other jeep I just wired a switch into the ground wire to interrupt it. Don't have any pics cause it was top secret...
Need to do it on my new jeep....

Top Bottom