Truetrac vs Elocker Rear Diff - Thoughts

Coop

Caught the Bug
Wondering what your input is on using a Truetrac in lieu of a locker on the rear Diff. Northeast snow and ice for driving to and from off-roading I like the Truetrac. I am using it now on my d44 rear. Seems to dig well on the rocks and trails. But switching to an XD60 and leaning toward another Truetrac, but before I pull the trigger, looking for input from the experienced rock crawlers of WAL. Any negative experiences with Truetrac on the rocks?

Last edited:
J

JKDream

Wondering what your input is on using a Truetrac in lieu of a locker on the rear Diff. Northeast snow and ice for driving to and from off-roading I like the Truetrac. I am using it now on my d44 rear. Seems to dig well on the rocks and trails. But switching to an XD60 and leaning toward another Truetrac, but before I pull the trigger, looking for input from the experienced rock crawlers of WAL. Any negative experiences with Truetrac on the rocks?

I find the true-trac doesn't lock up very well on the rocks. Especially with larger tires.
Friend is running one in the front of his JK. It really doesn't act like a true locker with both tires spinning.
One tire will be spinning and the other will be somewhat rotating, but not with enough torque to catch traction most times.
He's running 33's btw. It didn't lock up at all on my 37s when I had one.
For snowy conditions, I personally find a selectable locker to be the best.
Limited slips are unpredictable and can lock up in a corner causing you to slip around more than an open diff.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
That's a tough decision when it comes to wheelin capability vs snowy road driving.

Thus far, the only complaint I have about running a rear LSD is that trail guides have given me a hard time when running difficult trails without a rear locker.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jeepfan30

I have them front and rear. Both tires will dig a hole, but obviously one has less torque than the other. I like them, but just emailed Jeep Jamboree to see if they will allow me to run the Rubicon with TT, their website says front & rear locker required. Install was easy and price was good, if I need a locker I will throw one in some day.

Top Bottom