2016 JKU Rubi Hard Rock....

Well I purchased my 2016 about a year ago.... Ordered it in Tank with virtually no options other than 4.10 with Auto and a hard top... I just got around to purchasing a whole ton of parts to make it more capable than stock for Black Friday specials... In a couple weeks I will be spending a long weekend in my garage installing everything.

3.5" Rock Krawler X-Factor Mid-arm Lift (INSTALLED)
3" RK Bump Stops (INSTALLED)
RK Drag Link (INSTALLED)
Fox remote resv shock with Adjusters (INSTALLED)

Dynatrac ProRock 44 housing with Dynatrac ball joints and Synergy high steer mount (going to swap all my Rubi internals) (INSTALLED)

Trail Ready Hard Rock 17x10 rims (Sent defective paint job)
ATX Chamber Pro II (INSTALLED)
BFG 35" Mud KM2

Synergy HD Transmission cross member skid.
Synergy Transfer Case Skid
Synergy Oil Skid.

I have a lot of installing now to do once it all arrives.

Already Installed:

Vision X Headlights
Vision X Foglights
Vision X Single Row XPR Light Bar
HMF Windsheild Mount

NotInStock

Last edited:

JeepJeep75

Seems like a solid start! That seems like way more work than one long weekend but sure sounds like fun! Post up some before and after pics.

Coop

Caught the Bug
Welcome to WAL from Ohio! Nothing like buying it all at once!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Welcome to WAL from Ohio! Nothing like buying it all at once!

Well I guess you can say I bought it all at once but I have been waiting a year since I purchased the jeep to do this and cannot pass up the Black Friday specials... So, major credit card breakage but other than bumpers, fenders, and upgrading my rubi rockers to something stronger, I believe it will be very solid on the trails.... I am just already having buyers remorse not to take the extra plunge into 37" tires but that would have set me back about an additional $400 in rubber and probably another $1000+ for changing gear ratio... And that would have left my axles far more susceptible to breakage... Maybe next year :)

NotInStock

Well To update...

I have received the majority of my parts... Just had a Semi pull up yesterday and drop off a 500# pallet with my new front PR44 axle housing, drive shaft, and 90% of the RK lift kit.. Received my BFG Muds earlier this week. Now I just need to wait on my Fox shocks, misc box for RK (brake lines and such), and rims...

My shocks are Shipping today or monday so I should see them by the end of the week or monday after Christmas.

My RK misc box is taking a detour from the shipping point in KY to NY and should be here in California this monday...

The Rims according to Trail Ready should be back from powder coating next week and hopefully in my hands by the end of week.

I just broke down today and purchased the LOD Destoyer rear bumper with tire carrier but that will take 3-4 weeks according to LOD as they are majorly backordered.

Looks like I will be installing my lift for Christmas weekend.... Hopefully be able to stretch it out on New Years :wings:

NotInStock

Coop

Caught the Bug
Well To update...

I have received the majority of my parts... Just had a Semi pull up yesterday and drop off a 500# pallet with my new front PR44 axle housing, drive shaft, and 90% of the RK lift kit.. Received my BFG Muds earlier this week. Now I just need to wait on my Fox shocks, misc box for RK (brake lines and such), and rims...

My shocks are Shipping today or monday so I should see them by the end of the week or monday after Christmas.

My RK misc box is taking a detour from the shipping point in KY to NY and should be here in California this monday...

The Rims according to Trail Ready should be back from powder coating next week and hopefully in my hands by the end of week.

I just broke down today and purchased the LOD Destoyer rear bumper with tire carrier but that will take 3-4 weeks according to LOD as they are majorly backordered.

Looks like I will be installing my lift for Christmas weekend.... Hopefully be able to stretch it out on New Years :wings:

NotInStock

Hopefully you have some experienced friends with tools! Need a lot of suds too! Sounds like fun! Weather here sucks for working outside or in an unheated garage. Hopefully CA is better!

Trail Ready 17x10 Hard Rocks

Well, I recieved my TR Hard Rock beadlocks and I must say I was extremely disappointed in them....

While the rings and rims seem to be very nicely constructed, the details were seriously lacking... As I ordered them painted graphite and the rings just machined. I did expect a finished product...

As for the rings it would seem that someone just very quickly ran them through a CNC and didn't even check to see that they were complete. Here is a picture to give an idea...

20161229_095058.jpg

You can see in this the edges are clearly not finished.

Moving on to the RIMs unfortunately once again they fell short on the powdercoat. I think I could have paid a 5 year old with a can of spray paint from home depot to paint better. The coverage was not smooth or textured as you would expect and instead was as though someone just really didn't care about prep or paint.

20161228_121211.jpg 20161229_093638.jpg

Needless to say as you can see by the pics I ordered the graphite paint finish and the coverage was bleh... This was the same for all 5 rims I ordered. You can see on the inside they look like it failed to get complete coverage and you can see the aluminum in small spots show through. At the lip crossing to the surface it is as though it was a souffle that collapsed... (maybe an air bubble during the bake phase).

Needless to say I couldn't accept such a poor job and requested it to be made right.... They did offer to have me return ship them to Washington (3-4 business days) then they would have the powder coat be fixed. Which who knows how long that would take, probably 1-3 weeks to chemically strip them, bead blast, then respray. And then finally send them back to me which would be another 3-4 business days. I felt waiting minimum 2 weeks and most likely a month completely unacceptable as my jeep was currently on jack stands almost finished with my lift.

I was really surprised they did not offer to quickly cross ship me a replacement... This would not have made me as happy as them being right the first time but would have at least been appropriate.

Needless to say, I returned the Trail Ready beadlocks and ordered up a set of ATX Chamber Pro II.... And continue to do my lift.............

Lift in on.... Need some mud.....

Well, I finished installing my lift kit.... Or at least almost.... I still need to install the steering stabilizer (Fox ATS) and the underhood air source... Plus I am still waiting on my LOD destroyer rear bumper I ordered (anyone know where i can get a steal of a deal on the matching front with stinger???)

So now I have my lift done...

3.5" Rock Krawler X-Factor Mid Arm
Fox 2" Remote Resv shocks with Adjusters
Rock Krawler High Steer upgrade drag link.
Dynatrac PR44 front Unlimited Axle (with all my stock rubi parts in)
Adams Front 1350 Driveshaft

ATX Chamber Pro II Beadlocks 17x9
BFG 35x12.5x17 KM2 Mud Terrain.....

20170110_163743.jpg 20170110_163759.jpg 20170110_163816.jpg

:D

Well, may not be a Jeep but I thought I would share that I just had my baby boy born back on March 21st... He was 2 months premature but is doing excellent at this point... Thought I would share some pictures as I just cannot seem to dole over him enough.... :)

20170321_164950.jpg
20170327_134354.jpg

When he was just born...

20170419_051724.jpg

About a month old now but still in NICU.

20170509_155622.jpg

At home, healthy and getting bigger by the minute....

:thumb:

Last edited:
Top Bottom