"Boulder" build thread... late start but ready to go

SJCJK

I'm finally ready with my list! And budget, and spousal approval at least for the early part. My kids named my 2015 Anvil JKUR "Boulder"

Done so far: Not much... Midland CB and Back-up camera thanks to this site's great details.

To do now / Phase 1:
  • OD Slider
  • KMC Machette Black XD229
  • 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers
  • EVO 4" Enforcer (or 3")
  • EVO Drag link flip
  • King / EVO Shocks, F&R
  • Rancho RS9000XL x4 if not the above kings
  • EVO C-gussets
  • EVO LCA skids
  • EVO Rockstar skids
  • EVO Control arm skid
  • ?? Rubi sway bar disco skid?
  • EVO Front shock relo
  • Adams 1350 Spicer drive shaft
  • Exhaust spacer (for 3.6L 2015)
What am I missing / screwing up??

Maybe now, maybe wait until the above are done
  • LOD Shorty Desroyer, Stinger
  • LOD Shorty Desroyer, Rear
  • LOD Destroyer front skid plate
  • EVO, skid plates - transfer case, diffs, tbd

Later / Special purchase etc:
  • Warn Zeon 10-S
  • EVO Hinged Carrier, Blk (if don't do the LOD all-in one)

LONG Term...
  • 37's
  • Long arm upgrade kit / coil-overs
  • PR44 axle upgrades

Comments / suggestions WELCOME!!! Thanks!

Updated photo Jan 2017:
IMG_7642.JPG

Last edited:

Clutch

Caught the Bug
List looks good, with a few exceptions: you won't need the exhaust spacer if you go with the driveshaft and the Evo LCA skid is a control arm skid. So it looks like you won't need 2 items that you have on your list.

SJCJK

If you go remote places by yourself, you may want to bump up the skids and winch.

Agree... skids before Rubicon next summer. Winch... post wife's new car perhaps :eek:

As for lottery... no, but been saving since we almost purchased a pre-lifted car at the dealer over a year ago. Glad I didn't go that route, as it was nothing on my current list! ;)

swampdog

As stated before, I would do the winch prior to everything else. Don't be that guy with a built rig that's needs others to pull cable for them...

JeepJeep75

That's a very well-rounded list. A few redundancies, but those have already been mentioned. Your build list is almost identical to mine. You won't need lotto winnings, but don't be surprised if the above list costs about $8k. Looking forward to seeing how your build progresses. Nice name for the perfect color of jeep too! [emoji106]

SJCJK

That's a very well-rounded list. A few redundancies, but those have already been mentioned. Your build list is almost identical to mine. You won't need lotto winnings, but don't be surprised if the above list costs about $8k. Looking forward to seeing how your build progresses. Nice name for the perfect color of jeep too! [emoji106]

Yup, $8k is about where it seems to be going! Gulp! Looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SJCJK

List looks good, with a few exceptions: you won't need the exhaust spacer if you go with the driveshaft and the Evo LCA skid is a control arm skid. So it looks like you won't need 2 items that you have on your list.

Wasn't sure on the exhaust spacer. And thanks for catching the duplicate! Thanks!

SJCJK

I'm hoping you guys can help me out...

1. With the 3" Enforcer, and rear Rockstars and front relo brackets... what length shocks do I go for, to ensure I don't limit travel? I am having a heck of a hard time finding this out. Is the length different for Ranch 9000's vs. EVO/King? On the fence with these two - I'm a long way from the desert to warrant the Kings. Would love your comments/help!

2. Any "Best" build threads with great detailed photos for the Enforcer lift?

3. Finally, is a wheel with 4.5" of backspacing OK? Or should I go lower? Reconsidering beadlocks, seems like too much maintenance and worry for me at this time.

thx!!

Rancho

Caught the Bug
For the rear Rockstars run
RS999330
What front relocates? A lot run our longer shock RS999331 with the various options out there.

I'm hoping you guys can help me out...

1. With the 3" Enforcer, and rear Rockstars and front relo brackets... what length shocks do I go for, to ensure I don't limit travel? I am having a heck of a hard time finding this out. Is the length different for Ranch 9000's vs. EVO/King? On the fence with these two - I'm a long way from the desert to warrant the Kings. Would love your comments/help!

2. Any "Best" build threads with great detailed photos for the Enforcer lift?

3. Finally, is a wheel with 4.5" of backspacing OK? Or should I go lower? Reconsidering beadlocks, seems like too much maintenance and worry for me at this time.

thx!!

SJCJK

For the rear Rockstars run
RS999330
What front relocates? A lot run our longer shock RS999331 with the various options out there.

Using EVO Front shock relo 1113B. Thanks, Rancho!

Seems like longer shock will be OK, as long as bumpstops engage?

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Correct, but for the rear that is a bit shorter shock than our longest shock.
The front is the same as our longer shock because of the "relocate" and the little more you get out of it.

On my JK I run our longest shocks and I have done the MetalCloak suspension trailer at an event.
My bind point? The front shock rubbing the frame... I need relocates someday.
:icon_crazy:

Using EVO Front shock relo 1113B. Thanks, Rancho!

Seems like longer shock will be OK, as long as bumpstops engage?

SJCJK

Correct, but for the rear that is a bit shorter shock than our longest shock.
The front is the same as our longer shock because of the "relocate" and the little more you get out of it.

On my JK I run our longest shocks and I have done the MetalCloak suspension trailer at an event.
My bind point? The front shock rubbing the frame... I need relocates someday.
:icon_crazy:

Ha!

So RS999330 for rear w/ Rockstar.
What do you recommend for the front?

Thanks again!

SJCJK

:clap2::beer: great help, thank you!

Ordered the Ranchos. I think they will serve me well based on everything i've read.

Last edited:
Top Bottom