Hey Eddie, you're a douche bag and everyone knows it!

monk4life

I've been running the teraflex repezza joint for a while now with no issues due to the original getting torn. No specialty tools were needed when I replaced mine. It does come with a tool for the new Ball head hex bolts but I don't consider that a specialty tool as I already have a set of these.

If you can't get a new driveshaft then buy the teraflex repezza joint. You won't regret it and watch the video they have for the install on YouTube and follow those and you'll be fine.

Also the teraflex allows more driveline angle than the stock but be careful as now the weakest link will be the front driveshaft hitting the exhaust at full drop which will then cause the middle boot to tear. But I have the exhaust extenders so I don't have to worry about this.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I've been running the teraflex repezza joint for a while now with no issues due to the original getting torn. No specialty tools were needed when I replaced mine. It does come with a tool for the new Ball head hex bolts but I don't consider that a specialty tool as I already have a set of these.

If you can't get a new driveshaft then buy the teraflex repezza joint. You won't regret it and watch the video they have for the install on YouTube and follow those and you'll be fine.

Also the teraflex allows more driveline angle than the stock but be careful as now the weakest link will be the front driveshaft hitting the exhaust at full drop which will then cause the middle boot to tear. But I have the exhaust extenders so I don't have to worry about this.

powerfist first post.jpg .............

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug

How much lift are you running? If you're at 3" or higher it's going to tear again it's only a matter of time. Less lift and you'll probably be ok

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL!! I realize this might be hard for you to understand being that Teraflex did such a great job on selling you their product but more driveline angle IS what causes the CV boot to fail prematurely. I'll bet they've also got you sold on one of their HD Dana 30's. :cheesy:

LOL!! :cheesy:

How much lift are you running? If you're at 3" or higher it's going to tear again it's only a matter of time. Less lift and you'll probably be ok

This ^^^^

97 bucks for the complete kit on Amazon.........here: https://www.amazon.com/Crown-Automotive-528533FRK-Joint-Repair/dp/B00ES4WQYM

maybe worthit until you can afford those new shafts which you definitely will have to do as Eddie wrote.

Only worth it if he "needs" to go off roading. I find it hard to imagine that he couldn't get a free front shaft from a member here - at least, everyone I knew used to give them away.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

Please hold your breath and don't exhale on this forum any longer.

monk4life

Front Driveshaft repair?

LOL!! I realize this might be hard for you to understand being that Teraflex did such a great job on selling you their product but more driveline angle IS what causes the CV boot to fail prematurely. I'll bet they've also got you sold on one of their HD Dana 30's. :cheesy:

LOL!! :cheesy:

This ^^^^

Only worth it if he "needs" to go off roading. I find it hard to imagine that he couldn't get a free front shaft from a member here - at least, everyone I knew used to give them away.

And I too realize this might be hard for you to understand but WOW, you come off as a total jerk. If you're the owner of this forum then you are the most unprofessional person that should consider being more polite to new forum members. Especially ones who just joined but have had nothing but Jeeps over the last 30 years and perhaps a bigger knowledge and how-to base than you seem to think.

Teraflex didn't "sell" me anything, I actually did my homework. I have not had any issues rock climbing with the teraflex repezza joint in Texas nor Colorado with a 3.5" metalcloak lift. When my stock front driveshaft and Dana 44 completely fails I'll replace it with my Dana 60 I have sitting in my garage. Until then we will just have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
And I too realize this might be hard for you to understand but WOW, you come off as a total jerk. If you're the owner of this forum then you are the most unprofessional person that should consider being more polite to new forum members. Especially ones who just joined but have had nothing but Jeeps over the last 30 years and perhaps a bigger knowledge and how-to base than you seem to think.

Teraflex didn't "sell" me anything, I actually did my homework. I have not had any issues rock climbing with the teraflex repezza joint in Texas nor Colorado with a 3.5" metalcloak lift. When my stock front driveshaft and Dana 44 completely fails I'll replace it with my Dana 60 I have sitting in my garage. Until then we will just have to agree to disagree.

You sure do think highly about yourself don't you?

Despite what you may think excessive driveline angles on a cv joint will cause it to fail. Maybe now but eventually.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
And I too realize this might be hard for you to understand but WOW, you're a total jerk.

:cheesy: And hear I thought you were man enough to not get butthurt over a whole lot of nothing - guess I was wrong.

If you're the owner of this forum then you are the most unprofessional person that should consider being professional.

Ummm, yeah, welcome to my home on the internet. Don't like the way I choose to run my forum, don't have to be here. :standing wave:

Teraflex didn't "sell" me anything.

If you say so. You sure had me fooled.

I did my homework unlike spouting my mouth off like you.

Clearly, we all have our own idea of what "homework" is. Of course, I'm just a guy with a website and have no idea what I'm talking about.

I have not had any issues rock climbing with the teraflex repezza joint in Texas nor Colorado with a 3.5" metalcloak lift. When my stock front driveshaft and Dana 44 completely fails I'll replace it with my Dana 60 I have sitting in my garage.

dde01a7a92aa19b4972b4fb097b332686e4ba1f0771b47994b0f28c71f175383.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Do you need a "safe place" to go and cry because he wasn't polite to you? Go grow a pair

Journeyman

WTF is wrong with you! Every bad ass I know does not go around stating how much of a bad ass they are. Obviously you feel the need to do so with your 30 years-blahblahblah. Best you move along cause you clearly don't fit in here. Good news though your post count is probably going to go up because you'll keep responding to the INTERNET [emoji33] to defend your experience and manhood.
Walking Dead comes to mind. You are one of the weak one's that's not going to survive!

monk4life

Front Driveshaft repair?

WTF is wrong with you! Every bad ass I know does not go around stating how much of a bad ass they are. Obviously you feel the need to do so with your 30 years-blahblahblah. Best you move along cause you clearly don't fit in here. Good news though your post count is probably going to go up because you'll keep responding to the INTERNET [emoji33] to defend your experience and manhood.
Walking Dead comes to mind. You are one of the weak one's that's not going to survive!

Lol, good for you for chiming in. This forum literally has a bunch of idiots, you included. Please WAYALIFE ban my account since you don't delete them. I'm out.

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
Lol, good for you for chiming in. This forum literally has a bunch of idiots, you included. Please WAYALIFE ban my account since you don't delete them. I'm out.

Wow, sensitive one 'aint ya? If you're out why still logged on? (hint - that little green light thingie by your name shows green when youre logged in ;))

WJCO

Meme King

Wow. So you bought a product that doesn't fix a root problem with steep drive line angles and now we're a bunch of idiots for bringing it to your attention. Great logic. :thumb:

Top Bottom