Bought some JW Speakers Evolution J, Couple of Questions...

jorgelrod

Hooked
Bought a set of Evolution J's for the Jeep on a Black Friday Sale, wish I could have bought the fogs as well but I still have a bunch of other Christmas gifts to buy for the family. Anyone running the J's with the OEM fog lights? Do The J's drown out the Fog lights? I can't wait until they get here on Wed to install them, How long of an install is it?

swampdog

Yup, 15 minute install. Easy peezy, just make sure you fill the headlight connections with dielectric grease. After about 1 year, even with the grease, one of mine started flickering. I unplugged the connection, blew it out and put more dielectric grease in it and it was good to go again.

Awesome headlights with great light distribution, output, and a razor sharp cutoff. Make sure you adjust them to the proper height to avoid blinding I comping drivers.

I have seen these with the morimoto fog lights and they are a damn close match if that is what you are looking for. That being said, a yellow / amber fog is the way to go if you will be using them for their intended purpose (snow, fog, dust) as it cuts through that stuff better without the reflection you will get from a LED / HID light.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Yup, 15 minute install. Easy peezy, just make sure you fill the headlight connections with dielectric grease. After about 1 year, even with the grease, one of mine started flickering. I unplugged the connection, blew it out and put more dielectric grease in it and it was good to go again.

Awesome headlights with great light distribution, output, and a razor sharp cutoff. Make sure you adjust them to the proper height to avoid blinding I comping drivers.

I have seen these with the morimoto fog lights and they are a damn close match if that is what you are looking for. That being said, a yellow / amber fog is the way to go if you will be using them for their intended purpose (snow, fog, dust) as it cuts through that stuff better without the reflection you will get from a LED / HID light.

I want the matching JW Speakers Fog lights, I just couldn't buy them on the Black Friday deal. I hate it when I have to forgo Jeep Parts so I can buy Christmas presents for everybody else... ;);)

tanmanjk

Bought a set of Evolution J's for the Jeep on a Black Friday Sale, wish I could have bought the fogs as well but I still have a bunch of other Christmas gifts to buy for the family. Anyone running the J's with the OEM fog lights? Do The J's drown out the Fog lights? I can't wait until they get here on Wed to install them, How long of an install is it?
As stated easy install. When you compare oem fog lights to jw yeah they can still been seen. I'm thinking about getting some laminx yellow film for my fog lights to brighten them.

Top Bottom