Watcha cookin'?

MTG

Caught the Bug
So we have suds of the day, wine and cocktail threads. I've seen some good cooks on here. Thought it would be fun I see what you're eating.

Breakfast this morning:

Eggs, egg whites, portabella muhrooms and spinach scramble. Chicken and apple sausage. Scrambled eggs with cheese for the kids.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1358783948.603871.jpg

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I was thinking about a thread like this but I don't cook at home often since I do it everyday at work. :cheesy: Maybe this will give me some motivation to cook more. Either way I want some eggs now.

Awesome thread idea @MTG!

Here is a shot of one of the grills from this past weekend... My father-in-law and I BBQ'd 126 Racks of Baby Backs for a local school fundraiser.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1358784415.845914.jpg

You guys use a rub on those? Looks like a little but can't really tell.

Yeah, we use a blend of garlic salt and fresh ground pepper and season them the night before. Then low and slow, for a little over an hour, turning often.

Wood is far better than charcoal. We like to use Red Oak, but had to settle with charcoal for this event.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yeah, we use a blend of garlic salt and fresh ground pepper and season them the night before. Then low and slow, for a little over an hour, turning often.

Wood is far better than charcoal. We like to use Red Oak, but had to settle with charcoal for this event.

Good deal. I need a smoker. I just have the one I use at work but need to get one for my house.

Deuane

I am just wondering you still have the pic of the gas station of your jeep undernearth air plane?

texasdave

Roasted a turkey yesterday! Leftovers going to make turkey salad sandwiches tonight.:brows: Venison backstraps wrapped in bacon hitting the grill this weekend!!!:drinks:

NAUJK

College students meal: Pork Chop and Aspergrassss.. asparagus. I dont remember when I took this picture tho...

20120919_181248.jpg

Oh and my last batch of Home Brew beer!!

20121103_125639.jpg

Cheers! :beer:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Awesome thread idea @MTG!

Here is a shot of one of the grills from this past weekend... My father-in-law and I BBQ'd 126 Racks of Baby Backs for a local school fundraiser.

View attachment 13304

Man, those look good! Think I may need to smoke some ribs for the superbowl party.

I use a homemade dry rub as well. Smoke them for about 6-8 hours not over 200 degrees. I make an awesome sauce with a bourbon base that I let simmer for about the same amount of time. But I can only do about 6 full racks at a time. :grayno:

NAUJK

That looks better than what I could afford to eat in college. Top Raman, Mac & cheese and canned tuna were the staples. But I swear I had that exact same pot! :cheesy:

Sams Club is awesome! Get me and my roommate together and we just go buy in bulk and split the cost, then freeze everything and we are set for the month.

Wish I had taken a picture of the steaks and lobster tail baked potato and veggies we made back in December haha!! End of the semester empty out the fridge feast. Friend of mine took a scuba diving class and his final was to go lobster fishing off of Catalina and came back with some fresh tails so we just had to cook em up! My money either goes towards food cus I refuse to eat mac n cheese or other cheap boxed foods.. it aint healthy. Or towards my jeep and I eat like a poor poor person for a month :cheesy:

Its a good pot for brewing beer!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Sams Club is awesome! Get me and my roommate together and we just go buy in bulk and split the cost, then freeze everything and we are set for the month.

Wish I had taken a picture of the steaks and lobster tail baked potato and veggies we made back in December haha!! End of the semester empty out the fridge feast. Friend of mine took a scuba diving class and his final was to go lobster fishing off of Catalina and came back with some fresh tails so we just had to cook em up! My money either goes towards food cus I refuse to eat mac n cheese or other cheap boxed foods.. it aint healthy. Or towards my jeep and I eat like a poor poor person for a month :cheesy:

Its a good pot for brewing beer!

College kids are soft these days. LOL!

We had Costco...but that was only when we found $1.50 in change. A hot dog and a coke was eating out!

NAUJK

College kids are soft these days. LOL!

We had Costco...but that was only when we found $1.50 in change. A hot dog and a coke was eating out!

O my parents tell me the same thing!! Then again they went to college in the stone age. :cheesy: Im just not your normal college student I dont like EZ Mac or cup o noodles and stuff... Its not healthy :icon_crazy:, gotta have me some lean turkey and veggies or something.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Forgot this last night. Organic whole chicken in a slow cooker...a must for a busy family. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1359037856.641380.jpg

Top Bottom