To Flash now or Wait....

gheller

When I took delivery of my 17 JKU WIllys the production line slipped up and didn't install the Mopar EVTS (Electronic Vehicle Tracking System) that I opted for and is on the window sticker and build sheet.
The dealer has ordered one and will be scheduling an appointment with me in the near future to install it.

I've replaced the stock Willys tires with Cooper SST PROS 295/70/17. I didn't flash the new tire size because I have a 6spd manual tranny and Jeep runs fine except my speedo is off and the mpg reading etc are off too.

I have the FlashCal unit and updated it already and would like to flash the correct tire size, set a new tpms setting and daytime running lights but I'm thinking it might be a better idea to wait until I get the EVTS installed before I do it.
The worst that can happen is the dealer flashes it back and I just do it again?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
When I took delivery of my 17 JKU WIllys the production line slipped up and didn't install the Mopar EVTS (Electronic Vehicle Tracking System) that I opted for and is on the window sticker and build sheet.
The dealer has ordered one and will be scheduling an appointment with me in the near future to install it.

I've replaced the stock Willys tires with Cooper SST PROS 295/70/17. I didn't flash the new tire size because I have a 6spd manual tranny and Jeep runs fine except my speedo is off and the mpg reading etc are off too.

I have the FlashCal unit and updated it already and would like to flash the correct tire size, set a new tpms setting and daytime running lights but I'm thinking it might be a better idea to wait until I get the EVTS installed before I do it.
The worst that can happen is the dealer flashes it back and I just do it again?

A dealer flash will not effect those settings at all. If you were to do a performance tune than a dealer flash would mess that up. Go a head a set your tire size and what not

gheller

A dealer flash will not effect those settings at all. If you were to do a performance tune than a dealer flash would mess that up. Go a head a set your tire size and what not

Cool, glad to hear that.
Thanks for your quick reply.

Top Bottom