Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VIDEO : Exploring Nevada's Explosive Past - Lunar Crater & Project Faultless

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Bud View Post
    Nice video!
    Cool places you saw too.
    Thanks! There really are some amazing things to see out there but gas or the lack there of is something you REALLY need to be concerned with

Quote Originally Posted by JeepFan View Post
    That was such a fun adventure! We really need to get back out there and do some more exploring!

Especially since our little Renegade mowed down all the sage brush in the middle of the trail!
    It was a great trip for sure and we definitely need to get back out there before all the grass grows back

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Good to see another video. Looks like a fun adventure.
    Thanks, we're glad you enjoyed it

Quote Originally Posted by Buster3479 View Post
    Great clip of history. The elevation change from the detonation is astounding!
    What's really astounding is that the devastating geological damage from the test included the creation of several new deep faults and that it led to the cancellation of the entire project.

Cool little history lesson, looking forward to seeing more. thank you.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL!! Well, if nothing else, you need to come out and visit for sure
    I'll be sure to contact you first, though! :p

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nothing but a Thing TrainWreck618's Avatar
    Great video! I like the history

Quote Originally Posted by pop2tu View Post
    Cool little history lesson, looking forward to seeing more. thank you.
    We're so glad you enjoyed it and you can be sure we will be making more videos in this series

Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    I'll be sure to contact you first, though! :p
    Okay, that was funny

Quote Originally Posted by TrainWreck618 View Post
    Great video! I like the history
    Thank you and we're glad to hear you like the history

VIDEO : Exploring Nevada's Explosive Past - Lunar Crater & Project Faultless

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    It really is totally nuts. What's even crazier is that just shy of a thousand feet below your feet, there's 500,000 metric tons of highly radioactive rubble with radiation levels close to that of a nuclear reactor
    Holy hell! That's crazy! I wonder what the half life on that area underneath is? I know as of recently chernoble hit a level where it's semi safe to go in with full protection. Makes me wonder if anyone would be willing to explore the tube and underneath
    October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JKS
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assist

Awesome video! I need to drive out there and check it out myself. Keep up the great work.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two boardsurfer's Avatar
    That was really great!
    Quote Originally Posted by mudmobeeler View Post
    Rare doesn't make it desirable. It's rare that I shit my pants, but when I do it's usually not desirable. Lol.

I had no idea you could drive out to the test site. My dad was there when they set it off. I really need to get out there. Thanks for the video!

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    Holy hell! That's crazy! I wonder what the half life on that area underneath is? I know as of recently chernoble hit a level where it's semi safe to go in with full protection. Makes me wonder if anyone would be willing to explore the tube and underneath
    Honestly, there are signs everywhere that specifically warn against digging or collecting of rocks in the area. I'd really like to get a geiger counter and go out there again just to see how radioactive it is

Quote Originally Posted by BlkOpsCzr View Post
    Awesome video! I need to drive out there and check it out myself. Keep up the great work.
    Thank you, we're so glad that you enjoyed it and enough so that you now want to visit these sites

Quote Originally Posted by boardsurfer View Post
    That was really great!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by any4xx View Post
    I had no idea you could drive out to the test site. My dad was there when they set it off. I really need to get out there. Thanks for the video!
    Well, this particular test was conducted outside of the Nevada Test Site. That's where "most" of the nuclear tests were conducted.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast