18/59 vs 19/60 4dr springs on a 2 dr & longer shocks question.

desertrunner

So i just installed a set of 4 dr springs on my 2 dr. I got a few questions about how much lift I actually got out of it. Unfortunately i forgot to measure the fender height before i put the springs in BUT i just came across this picture.... and took some measurements.

ForumRunner_20120614_075657.jpg

on the spring perch measurement i got a hair over 11 3/4" and on the shock measurement i got 20 3/4" so IF i took those measurements right AND IF that picture is still good for a stock 12' sport it looks like i in fact got about 2 1/4" of lift out of the 4dr springs. Now i have read about there being 2 different sets of 4 dr springs 18/59 and 19/60s ???? (i could be wrong) but the sticker tags on the springs that i have in stalled on the Rear say 4460AA and the Front says 6318AC so does that mean i have a 18/60 combo??? or am i reading the Tag wrong for what people are referencing as 18/59?

Next question is about adding longer shocks to replace the stock rubi ones i put in there. if i got 2 1/4" of lift out of those springs i should be good to add some shocks for a 0-2" lift right? My only concern is needing new break lines to get the full amount of droop out of the longer shocks. Pulling the old springs and shocks out it didnt look like they had much extra length in fact we had to un bolt the hard line from the frame to get enough droop on the axle to get the new springs in easy. Has anyone had to get longer break lines for adding 2" of lift? True test would be to go cycle the suspension but i want to know what to expect before i buy some new shocks.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
So i just installed a set of 4 dr springs on my 2 dr. I got a few questions about how much lift I actually got out of it. Unfortunately i forgot to measure the fender height before i put the springs in BUT i just came across this picture.... and took some measurements.

View attachment 233813

on the spring perch measurement i got a hair over 11 3/4" and on the shock measurement i got 20 3/4" so IF i took those measurements right AND IF that picture is still good for a stock 12' sport it looks like i in fact got about 2 1/4" of lift out of the 4dr springs. Now i have read about there being 2 different sets of 4 dr springs 18/59 and 19/60s ???? (i could be wrong) but the sticker tags on the springs that i have in stalled on the Rear say 4460AA and the Front says 6318AC so does that mean i have a 18/60 combo??? or am i reading the Tag wrong for what people are referencing as 18/59?

Next question is about adding longer shocks to replace the stock rubi ones i put in there. if i got 2 1/4" of lift out of those springs i should be good to add some shocks for a 0-2" lift right? My only concern is needing new break lines to get the full amount of droop out of the longer shocks. Pulling the old springs and shocks out it didnt look like they had much extra length in fact we had to un bolt the hard line from the frame to get enough droop on the axle to get the new springs in easy. Has anyone had to get longer break lines for adding 2" of lift? True test would be to go cycle the suspension but i want to know what to expect before i buy some new shocks.

There are a few options. Yes you have 18/60's.

Yes on the 0-2"

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I am running Rubi shocks on mine with the TF leveling with full pucks. Now if you wheel hard I would get some shocks. Run yours and save up for some Ranchos. I don't think you will need to. Others can chime in.

desertrunner

hummm i havent heard of anyone talking about an 18/60 combo wonder how i ended up with that, im pretty sure the guy i bought them from had a 16' Rubi hard rock. either way to answer a previous question from JKBrick i got a hair over 2" out of them.
and as far as the shocks go i think that is going to be next on my list so i will probably get those after the new year and cycle it make sure my break lines arent being pulled on.

JKbrick

hummm i havent heard of anyone talking about an 18/60 combo wonder how i ended up with that, im pretty sure the guy i bought them from had a 16' Rubi hard rock. either way to answer a previous question from JKBrick i got a hair over 2" out of them.
and as far as the shocks go i think that is going to be next on my list so i will probably get those after the new year and cycle it make sure my break lines arent being pulled on.

Do you have the little brackets that drop the mounting point on your brake lines to the frame? They are cheap and would work well with 2" of lift

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

bigcale

Caught the Bug
The amount of lift can depend on a few things, never heard of anyone getting more than 2". Hard top vs. soft top, stock plastic bumpers vs. metal bumpers, etc..

I got 1.25" in the rear and 1.5" in the front. I added 3/4 spacers and ended up a little over 2" total in the rear with the hard top on and back seat in and about 2.25" in the front but after a bumper and a winch I figure it will even out.

First thing limiting flex will be the front sway bars, if you have disconnects then you will be pretty good.

Next things limiting you will be shocks then brake lines, seemed to me to be the rears that will bind first but I could be wrong.

Personally I will be ordering a set of 1.5 - 3.5 bilstien 5100s and a set of braided lines for the same amount of lift. Tat might put me in to needing to look at some kind of spring retainer at that point.

desertrunner

The amount of lift can depend on a few things, never heard of anyone getting more than 2". Hard top vs. soft top, stock plastic bumpers vs. metal bumpers, etc..

I got 1.25" in the rear and 1.5" in the front. I added 3/4 spacers and ended up a little over 2" total in the rear with the hard top on and back seat in and about 2.25" in the front but after a bumper and a winch I figure it will even out.

First thing limiting flex will be the front sway bars, if you have disconnects then you will be pretty good.

Next things limiting you will be shocks then brake lines, seemed to me to be the rears that will bind first but I could be wrong.

Personally I will be ordering a set of 1.5 - 3.5 bilstien 5100s and a set of braided lines for the same amount of lift. Tat might put me in to needing to look at some kind of spring retainer at that point.
Yeah so unfortunately I did not measure before doing the lift so all I was basing that 2 1/4" off of was the picture I put in the first post with the caveat of if I measured it correctly and if that picture is still valid for the 12' since that pic was posted on one of Eddie's threads a LONG TIME ago.
And that 2 1/4" is only for the front I have no reference to measure for the back but I do have a hard top with back seats removed and stock plastic bumpers so that's maybe why I'm on the taller end if I measured it right.

Yeah I have a rubi sway bar I am snagging from a guy in 2 weeks and then shocks will be on my radar after the new years. It might not be a bad idea to just get the new break lines anyway as I'm sure my jeep will only get taller from here haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

These were posted a while ago and I saved them
View attachment 233830
View attachment 233831

Looks like I'm showing 6 1/8" roughly in the back which is more consistent with the 1" you got out of the 4dr coils and that's with stock bumpers used 33" spare and no back seats. So who knows what I actually got out of the front it sure does look like I got more than 1" out of it though.
And that's all based on these picture references being correct and my measurements being correct

JKbrick

Looks like I'm showing 6 1/8" roughly in the back which is more consistent with the 1" you got out of the 4dr coils and that's with stock bumpers used 33" spare and no back seats. So who knows what I actually got out of the front it sure does look like I got more than 1" out of it though.
And that's all based on these picture references being correct and my measurements being correct

Do the two pictures give you two different lift measurements? I had always used the one you posted and when you mentioned the back I remembered the other ones were in my photos

desertrunner

I didn't use the one you posted for the front only for the rear. I just used that one I posted for the front but when I get more time later I can compare the 2 for the front and see if I get the same measurement

JKbrick

Yeah I'm definitely curious how those turn out since I will be adding a 1/4 pounder and a power plant here after this weekend

Got my EVO springs installed today. The box said 1.5" hd leveling kit and they just took out the rear spacers and sent the springs. Anyway the front with a quarter pounder bumper and a warn winch is at exactly 3" of lift compared to the diagram floating around. What is odd though is with the #59 springs in the back it looks level to me and it looks a lot lower than it was with the JKS springs on it. More to do before it is drivable then maybe the front will settle a bit. Will update if anyone really cares to know

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Got my EVO springs installed today. The box said 1.5" hd leveling kit and they just took out the rear spacers and sent the springs. Anyway the front with a quarter pounder bumper and a warn winch is at exactly 3" of lift compared to the diagram floating around. What is odd though is with the #59 springs in the back it looks level to me and it looks a lot lower than it was with the JKS springs on it. More to do before it is drivable then maybe the front will settle a bit. Will update if anyone really cares to know

I would like to know and see pics as well.

Top Bottom