Close

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast
    Advertiser
    Yes, 1/2" is the correct size drill bit. We switched to that after realizing that 5/8" is not a common size drill bit. One of the bolts attaching the bumper to the frame may need to be flipped for a better fit on some vehicles. That is on the passenger side, closer to the rear of the vehicle if memory serves correctly. Feel free to post any pictures, questions, or call us if you need help!

Quote Originally Posted by 3dpilot View Post
    Fellas, my bumper/tire carrier should be here tomorrow and need some advice.
    I noticed some of u used the 1/2" (video) drill bit instead 5/8" (instruction). Is there any other issues going with 1/2"? I just realized I don't have a 5/8" drill bit in my tool box, but can run to store for one if that's a better fit.
    LOD feel free to reply as this help customers clear up on which drill bit to use. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G920P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks granite and LOD, I just drilled out the bumper frame, its ready for the install tomorrow as soon as fed ex brings my stuff.

Actually one more question, looking at the instruction, this part where the long bolts that go vertically was not tightened at all in the instruction. I'm guessing it was just missed?Screenshot_20170419-120758.jpg

Advertiser
    Yes, not exactly missed though, those are just additional reinforcement mount points for people who want it to be super sturdy. We recommend using all the bolts supplied in the kit, there should be enough to get those two holes as well.

Actually one more question, looking at the instruction, this part where the long bolts that go vertically was not tightened at all in the instruction. I'm guessing it was just missed?Screenshot_20170419-120758.jpg

Got it! Thanks LOD.

Finally my Bumper/tire carrier is here!!
    Fellas, I have another question, I'm running 37"x12.5x17 4.5bs. What's a good starting point for height and length setup for the tire mount. Again, Thanks in advance😀

Quote Originally Posted by LōD Offroad View Post
    When the tire carrier closes it is naturally supposed to "bind" slightly, so that 5-7" approximate distance should be correct. The SLIGHT bind helps keep your tire and accessories stable and from rattling. So it is important to keep it SLIGHT, much like a toggle latch, as a very strong bind may lead to problems down the road (like one member above said) so it is important to not over-do it.
    Does this go for the gen 3 bumper and carrier as well. I think mine makes contact when almost close. It rattles a little.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Advertiser
    This applies only to the Destroyer, which is a new and improved design. If you are having issues with your current product, please call our tech support line at 877-390-9584, we would be happy to assist you with your product.

Quote Originally Posted by Mybadjk View Post
    Does this go for the gen 3 bumper and carrier as well. I think mine makes contact when almost close. It rattles a little.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Advertiser
    Honestly not sure, we tested ours with a 35" but accounted for up to a 40", so you usually have a pretty wide range of height adjustment High or low depends on if you want to see anything out of your back window or not You could always start with the highest mount points and then lower it as needed. That way you won't have to lift it higher as you get tired

Fellas, I have another question, I'm running 37"x12.5x17 4.5bs. What's a good starting point for height and length setup for the tire mount. Again, Thanks in advance��

Last edited by LōD Offroad; 04-21-2017 at 12:09 PM.

Fellas, I have another question, I'm running 37"x12.5x17 4.5bs. What's a good starting point for height and length setup for the tire mount. Again, Thanks in advance😀

If I remember correctly, there are four slots for vertical adjustment. The way I thought about it was bottom slot is 33" tire, then 35", 37", and 40" in the top slot.

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast