Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637
Results 361 to 370 of 370

Thread: Anyone have the LOD Destroyer Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier?

  1. #361
    Fresh Catch cml612571's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by eazy View Post
    Hey guys,

    Does anyone have the LOD Destroyer Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier yet? I was thinking about ordering the Shorty and wanted to see if there were any reviews out there.

    http://lodoffroad.com/products/jeep/...er-shorty.html



    Sent from my Nexus 6P using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I have a LoD rear tire carrier on my CJ5 and I love it, now with all models I recommend you pick up the frame tie ins by LoD, or if you have the time and resources you can do a little fab work on your own.20171119_165621.jpg

    Sent from my SM-N920T using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by cml612571; 03-15-2018 at 08:19 PM.

  2. #362
    Fresh Catch badandy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Arlington, Wa
    Posts
    25
    [QUOTE=Cbach1987;827231]It is dark when I get off work but I plan to take a bunch of pictures with it and will post them for sure!



    Yup it was worth the money to me to have them do it. Shipped without issues. They package really well over at LoD.

    Yes they do package very well! I just received mine and was pleasantly surprised to find everything in plastic bags and then filled with that spray expandable foam. The same stuff you fill window gaps in the walls with! Very impressed!

  3. #363
    Fresh Catch livin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    16
    read through every page in this thread & just placed my order!

    001 +LoD Destroyer Shorty Front Bumper w/ Bull Bar [black powder coat]
    002 +LoD Destroyer Front Skid Plate [black powder coat]
    003 +LoD Destroyer Front License Plate Mount [black powder coat]
    004 +LoD Destroyer Shorty Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier [black powder coat]
    005 +LoD Destroyer Rear Skid Plate [black powder coat]

    stoked to finally have these in the queue, will report back.
    Last edited by livin; 03-11-2019 at 02:26 AM.

    🦏
    '14 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon /Granite Crystal Metallic

  4. #364
    Advertiser
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by cml612571 View Post
    I have a LoD rear tire carrier on my CJ5 and I love it, now with all models I recommend you pick up the frame tie ins by LoD, or if you have the time and resources you can do a little fab work on your own.20171119_165621.jpg

    Sent from my SM-N920T using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Thats a good looking Jeep! Send us some more pics so we can add them to our website!

  5. #365
    Advertiser
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by livin View Post
    read through every page in this thread & just placed my order!

    001 +LoD Destroyer Shorty Front Bumper w/ Bull Bar [black powder coat]
    002 +LoD Destroyer Front Skid Plate [black powder coat]
    003 +LoD Destroyer Front License Plate Mount [black powder coat]
    004 +LoD Destroyer Shorty Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier [black powder coat]
    005 +LoD Destroyer Rear Skid Plate [black powder coat]

    stoked to finally have these in the queue, will report back.
    We are definitely excited to see the finished product! Hope all goes well, give us a call if you have any questions on the install.

  6. #366
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Lompoc, CA
    Posts
    32
    Installed mine this past weekend. By myself, it was a long, tedious process but some of that was wiring up the Rigid Flush Mount floods and fishing the wires through the driver's side frame rail, etc. In the end, it was well worth it. Got it dialed in with no rattles.

    For those that don't know, and I didn't even after I first received mine, they have changed how the light bezels mount so they do not mount from the back side of the bumper anymore. Also, they have added a swing stop! I seriously thought about passing on this because of the lack of a stop but went ahead anyway and was very happily surprised to find it now has one. They updated their video with these new features. I will most likely buy the stubby front in the not too distant future.

    And in case you haven't heard, the packaging is ridiculous. That foam is pure craziness!

  7. #367
    Advertiser
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    241
    Right On! Show us some pics!

  8. #368
    Been Around the Block Spazbyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    St.Peters, MO
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by red84cj7 View Post
    Installed mine this past weekend. By myself, it was a long, tedious process but some of that was wiring up the Rigid Flush Mount floods and fishing the wires through the driver's side frame rail, etc. In the end, it was well worth it. Got it dialed in with no rattles.

    For those that don't know, and I didn't even after I first received mine, they have changed how the light bezels mount so they do not mount from the back side of the bumper anymore. Also, they have added a swing stop! I seriously thought about passing on this because of the lack of a stop but went ahead anyway and was very happily surprised to find it now has one. They updated their video with these new features. I will most likely buy the stubby front in the not too distant future.

    And in case you haven't heard, the packaging is ridiculous. That foam is pure craziness!
    Those are some solid improvements. It a shame I must have just missed the updated version by a few month. Updates or not its a very well built bumper.

  9. #369
    Knows a Thing or Two Edwrds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    894

    Anyone have the LOD Destroyer Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier?

    My only complaint is that when you drag the bumper on something or come down on it the bumper moves. I’ve checked everything many of times and re-tighten everting and it still moves.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2016 JKU

  10. #370
    Caught the Bug
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    79
    Is the swing stop something that can be added on to the original tire carrier?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS