No Rear Bumper?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Like this?

main.php

NAUJK

Look at some of Franks pictures he isnt running a rear bumper and doesnt have the EVO tire carrier, but he does have the OR Fab tire carrier. Still looks pretty good. Im thinking about getting the evo end links with d rings and just not running a rear bumper either.

Look at some of Franks pictures he isnt running a rear bumper and doesnt have the EVO tire carrier, but he does have the OR Fab tire carrier. Still looks pretty good. Im thinking about getting the evo end links with d rings and just not running a rear bumper either.

ok will do i was looking at the evo shackle mounts that go in the frame.. but i want a tire carrier to just dont wanna shell out 1500 for a evo

NAUJK

ok will do i was looking at the evo shackle mounts that go in the frame.. but i want a tire carrier to just dont wanna shell out 1500 for a evo

If you like the look of it, check out the OR Fab tire carrier, it is a similar design, not as large and only costs about 500-600$. It is what Frank is running. I think there are a few pictures in the "What was done to your rig this week" thread.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?1453-What-was-done-to-your-rig-this-week/page9&highlight=week

That should be the link to 10Frank9s jeep without a rear bumper and the OR Fab tire carrier. I think it looks decent. I really like the OR Fab but have 1 issue... and that is that I cant use my Thule bike rack with it.

http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=RTC3800

this is kinda what im looking for its a little cheaper u can get it in bare steel or bare aluminum + 200$ if they powder coat it for you i figure ill shoot for this and get a friend to powder coat it for me

NAUJK

My old jeep had the OR Fab tire / roto can carrier. I ran it without a rear bumper. I loved it

View attachment 13491

The more and more I see the OR Fab tire carrier the more and more I want it... but still dont like the tire mounting system, cant use my bike rack which then makes it so I cant use my snowboard rack.. I even live an Hour from where those are made in AZ...

mackey

The more and more I see the OR Fab tire carrier the more and more I want it... but still dont like the tire mounting system, cant use my bike rack which then makes it so I cant use my snowboard rack.. I even live an Hour from where those are made in AZ...

I am sure they make bike racks that could work or you may have to modify some things to get it done. EVO could probably make something custom for u. Lol

JAGS

Hooked
Not sure what size tires you're running, but you might want to check out the new teraflex hinge tire carrier option.

Keeps a stock-like look with added support/replacement for tailgate hinge. Lilly good for 35-37 but not any bigger. Not sure if this link will work via mobile.

http://youtu.be/BJnwModQVOE

NAUJK

I am sure they make bike racks that could work or you may have to modify some things to get it done. EVO could probably make something custom for u. Lol

Oh I am sure EVO could custom make something, and knowing EVO it would be amazingly built but with that it would cost my soul :crazyeyes:. I'm sure if I looked at the Orfab one I could modify it to work.

I dont know why but I am not the biggest fan of the Teraflex tire carrier. Just doesn't appeal to me.

White_JKU

Im not running a rear bumper anymore after beating the crap out of the stock one on the trails. Ill be getting the EVO d-ring mounts for the frame and calling it a day. I like the utilitarian look anyway.. less is more IMO

Top Bottom