WTF Things You've Been Told by a Business

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that Cindy and I now live in Nevada, I thought it might be finally time to start looking for a new accountant that was local to us and better understands our needs here. And going off of whatever I could find online, I came across an office called Steele & Associates, LLC to see if they might be able to help me. This is the response that I got...

Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 9:31 AM
To: Eddie <eddie@wayalife.com>
Subject: RE: Small Business Accounting Services

Eddie –
Thanks for contacting us. We work with a lot of small business and I think we could hopefully help you out. We like to meet with new clients and discuss needs and make sure we have personality fit.

Let me know when you would be available for an appointment.

Sincerely

Jonathan S. Steele, CPA, CGMA
Steele & Associates, LLC
611 N. Nevada St.
Carson City, NV 89703
775-882-7198
775-883-4346 (fax)

They want to make sure we have a "personality fit"? To do my taxes? WTF, really?? LOL!!

Needless to say, I responded with the following...

Hi Jonathan,
I appreciate you getting back to me and so quickly but I’d hate to waste your time only to find that my wife and aren’t a fit for your personality.

Sincerely,
Eddie

And, that got me to think, I can't be the only one who's gotten a crazy response like this before and I'd like to hear some of the WTF things you've been told by a business. :yup:

Chad

"Hopefully help you out" WTF? Doesn't sound like they have much confidence in their business ability. It must be nice for them to have the luxury to see if their customer's "personality " fits. Your answer to them was perfect.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
"Hopefully help you out" WTF? Doesn't sound like they have much confidence in their business ability. It must be nice for them to have the luxury to see if their customer's "personality " fits. Your answer to them was perfect.

:cheesy: I know, their "hope" in their ability to help me out instills all kinds of confidence. Of course, that is assuming I fit their personality :crazyeyes:

longarmwj

I was told by a local auto shop that they wouldn't do an alignment on my Jeep because it didn't meet their ecological requirements, whatever that means.

I was also in Home Depot once buying plywood and 2x4s for a duck blind project I was building with a buddy of mine, and the cashier went "the last time somebody bought this much wood here, they caught him burying a body in a homemade casket" and kinda looked at us weird. :thinking:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was told by a local auto shop that they wouldn't do an alignment on my Jeep because it didn't meet their ecological requirements, whatever that means.

I was also in Home Depot once buying plywood and 2x4s for a duck blind project I was building with a buddy of mine, and the cashier went "the last time somebody bought this much wood here, they caught him burying a body in a homemade casket" and kinda looked at us weird. :thinking:

:cheesy: WTF indeed :clap2:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
IDK why she went to Wal-Mart, but my wife needed the oil changed in her Renegade. After 2 hours of waiting, they told her they couldn't change the oil, because they couldn't get the skid plate off. :hmm:

WJCO

Meme King
IDK why she went to Wal-Mart, but my wife needed the oil changed in her Renegade. After 2 hours of waiting, they told her they couldn't change the oil, because they couldn't get the skid plate off. :hmm:

:cheesy: What's really funny about that is if they don't have the right tool, they just so happen to sell tools there in the store, no excuse. They're right there in the hardware section next to the Chinese D44 axles.

notnalc68

:cheesy: What's really funny about that is if they don't have the right tool, they just so happen to sell tools there in the store, no excuse. They're right there in the hardware section next to the Chinese D44 axles.

Ikr! I asked her why she went to Wal-Mart, and she said it was because I told her she could go anywhere, not just to the Jeep dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

atrollip

The service Manager at Dealership trying to convince me my axle is part of my engine after they put my inner axle seal leak under an engine leak on inspection report. Long story it was like argueing with a wall. To give him credit it probably wouldve worked on most women. 😧

Sent from my SM-N920C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

I had a battery die on me next to a Walmart. Went thinking how hard could or be to get a battery. The guy at the service desk actually tried to sell me a motorcycle battery then tried to argue that a jeep cj7 was a motorcycle. Needless to say i remembered very quickly why i don't like going to Walmart for anything at all ever lol

sent from your basement

notnalc68

I had a battery die on me next to a Walmart. Went thinking how hard could or be to get a battery. The guy at the service desk actually tried to sell me a motorcycle battery then tried to argue that a jeep cj7 was a motorcycle. Needless to say i remembered very quickly why i don't like going to Walmart for anything at all ever lol

sent from your basement

Agreed. If everyone spent as little as me, at Walmart, they'd be out of business in a week.

sparks

I had an employee of USAA insurance tell me I was a "whiney bitch" because I wanted them to cover a rental car while by old car was being repaired for the 3rd time due to an accident caused by their client.

I raised hell and the manager took his side after he denied it. I ended up calling the CEO's home phone number and leaving a message with his wife, which was promptly returned by some assistant to the CEO who cried foul.
"We stand behind our employees"
"We believe him, not you"

Then... like an NFL referee

"After reviewing the recording of the incoming call we heard the conversation and would like to take this opportunity to apologize"

Top Bottom