JKS Quick Disconnects

rockredjk02

Obviously because the lack of flex with an X package JK i was thinking about ordering quick disconnects. My friend has them on his KJ and they do come in handy on the trail but are a pain trying to disconnect and then connecting them afterward. Does anybody have any feed back on the JKS or any better solutions?

Attachments

• 388053_2336025688783_1494060182_31971799_1474728736_n.jpg
    388053_2336025688783_1494060182_31971799_1474728736_n.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 184

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
When connecting any swaybar you jeep needs to be on level ground or you can have someone put a little weight on that side of the jeep. I can't see how the quick disconnects could be harder then stock. I took my stock ones off at the trail head this weekend and it wasn't hard just a pain. I have the quick disconnects in the garage just haven't installed them.

kaptkrappy

I am sticking with the stock links and unbolting them and tying them up out of the way with zip ties for now.

It's easy to do with 2 16mm wrenches that I carry.

If I ever get a taller lift which requires new longer links I may get some quick disconnects then, but loosening one bolt on each side is no more difficult than undoing the quick discos.

Atch

I have these discos and they are easy as long as you can find level ground when reattaching them. Make sure you have some disposable gloves handy as they do get greasy

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I am sticking with the stock links and unbolting them and tying them up out of the way with zip ties for now.

It's easy to do with 2 16mm wrenches that I carry.

If I ever get a taller lift which requires new longer links I may get some quick disconnects then, but loosening one bolt on each side is no more difficult than undoing the quick discos.

Actually, those should be 18mm wrenches unless you've changed out the bolts :cool:

Yeah at least mine are 18mm.

Tranquillity

I do have quick disco and it's not that bad. I always connect/disconnect them on my own and never been unable to do that. I use a deadblow mallet which get the job done very well and I use the teraflex quick disconnect...

Tackerdown

Banned
I don't want to hijack a thread but is there any other way an electronic disconnect would turn off other than hitting the button like taking it out of 4 wheel ,putting it into four wheel hi?

C.O.D.

Moochie

I don't want to hijack a thread but is there any other way an electronic disconnect would turn off other than hitting the button like taking it out of 4 wheel ,putting it into four wheel hi?

C.O.D.

It will try to reconnect once you take it out of 4 wheel drive. It will also reconnect with a speed over 15 mph in 4 wheel drive.

Tackerdown

Banned
Ahh thanks I couldn't figure out why I would all the sudden be tossed all over the place , and have to disconnect again .

C.O.D.

JK1

i have JKS quick disco's on my rubicon it might be over kill but i saw a guy last year go up a water fall and when he had the one side extended the swaybar went forward instead of back and it bent the hell out of his sway bar link... i stop to air down and disconnect instead of using the electric disco.. if im just screwing around and want to diconnect i use the electric disco. it's nice to have both options..:thumb:

Moochie

i have JKS quick disco's on my rubicon it might be over kill but i saw a guy last year go up a water fall and when he had the one side extended the swaybar went forward instead of back and it bent the hell out of his sway bar link... i stop to air down and disconnect instead of using the electric disco.. if im just screwing around and want to diconnect i use the electric disco. it's nice to have both options..:thumb:

This happens when your sway bar links are not long enough. The ends of the sway bar (where the links attach to) should be at least 15 degrees above level. This keeps the sway bar from over rotating and bending the links.

rockredjk02

When connecting any swaybar you jeep needs to be on level ground or you can have someone put a little weight on that side of the jeep. I can't see how the quick disconnects could be harder then stock. I took my stock ones off at the trail head this weekend and it wasn't hard just a pain. I have the quick disconnects in the garage just haven't installed them.
For some reason the the liberty you cant disconnect or connect them by hand hand you always have to bring tools with you on the trial.

rockredjk02

You can't disconnect the stock JK ones by hand either if thats what your referring to.
i have a friend with an 08 jk and its got a rough country 4" lift and he took his links and sway bars off and it rides terrible unless your on a trail so i dont think im going to do that lol

1yellowjk

One bolt on each side and a zip tie, I don't know anyone who doesn't disconnect when wheeling. I wouldn't want to drive down the road with them disconnected but on the trail the front are a must.

I guess it's were you want to spend money; quick disconnects are a comfort feature, I little time while airing down saves me the cost of quick disconnects, but it's your money. :)

Top Bottom