FML, moving to Miami

zimm

Caught the Bug
Well being that my wife and I are both active duty military, I should not be surprised, but I'm retiring this summer and she got verbal orders to SOUTHCOM in Miami. At least I won't be cold, but damn. What do I do with my jeep? I guess I can run it topless and doorless and use it as a poser beach cruiser? The only off-roading I found on the internet is some redneck mud pits. They'll probably think my rock scuffs are from parallel parking on south beach. It's only for 2-3 years so I guess I'll find another hobby for a little bit. :thinking:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Sorry to hear that. Ocala national forest and Rock Hard 4x4 have some fun spots but they are probably 5+ hours from you in Miami.

Ddays

Hooked
Well being that my wife and I are both active duty military, I should not be surprised, but I'm retiring this summer and she got verbal orders to SOUTHCOM in Miami. At least I won't be cold, but damn. What do I do with my jeep? I guess I can run it topless and doorless and use it as a poser beach cruiser? The only off-roading I found on the internet is some redneck mud pits. They'll probably think my rock scuffs are from parallel parking on south beach. It's only for 2-3 years so I guess I'll find another hobby for a little bit. :thinking:

Think of it as a little R&R for the Jeep!

Munky

I'm stuck in Pasaguola MS right now so I feel you, but I want to retire in a few years in FL. Northern part of FL, still will have to drive a few hours to wheel. Going back to San Diego next week, but flying. What Branches? Navy Here

zimm

Caught the Bug
I'm stuck in Pasaguola MS right now so I feel you, but I want to retire in a few years in FL. Northern part of FL, still will have to drive a few hours to wheel. Going back to San Diego next week, but flying. What Branches? Navy Here

Navy rotor head too.

No2rdame

I'm new to the Jeep family and living in Florida myself. I'd prefer rocks over mud pits as well, but at least I'm in the northern part of the state so I'm closer to hills than you. Look on the bright side, though. Most beaches you can drive on require you to have 4wd, so the good thing is you don't have to find a spot in a parking lot and hoof it. You'll be right there. Plus, there's Jeep Beach at Daytona to look forward to.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
First of all, thank you for your & your wife's service!

At least you'll be able to cruise around the beach topless and doorless :) I would say you could find yourself a cute girl but since you're already married...you're SOL haha. I'm sure you'll find some trails or something to explore outside of Miami! Best of luck to ya.

Top Bottom