LOD Destroyer Shorty with Tire Carrier vs. EVO Hinge Tire Carrier

Okay.... So I am looking for a tire carrier for my 2016 JKU and while I was thinking of going with the EVO hinge carrier as a way to save a few dimes and be open to whatever bumper spikes my fancy I hear that may not be so good as if I start to weigh it down (ie, gas, hi-lift, etc...) it will quickly become very heavy and not suited for that kind of weight.

So, as I remember an earlier thread here a little while back LOD introduced its new "destroyer" line and has what looks to be a very nicely built tire carrier / bumper....

So my question to whoever manages to see this is... What is your opinion of either choice?? Pro?? Con?? Does anyone have experience with the EVO hinged carrier or the new LOD Destroyer??

Thanks,

NotInStock

Erockhopper

I had the same dilemma, decided to go EVO. It's on order from Trail Jeeps, just waiting. I'm with you, I like the ability to pick up another bumper. The cost savings of buying it in pieces was a nice bonus. The only down side I can see is trail strikes on the spare, and even if that happens I am counting on EVO quality to take it. After all if it's good enough for EVO it will be more than capable for me.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
The LoD will take the spare off of your tailgate by having it mounted the the frame through the bumper. This will prevent you from damaging your tailgate if you drop off of a large ledge. Plus it's rated to run a 40" if you plan on going to the tire size.

If you don't plan on anything larger than a 35" tire I recommend you use your stock carrier. Extend your isolators and make sure it doesn't rattle and you're all set. I've been running this way for two years now.

Well.... Update that LOD created a label over a week ago and got me excited... Unfortunately, it seems they were just a bit premature but it is finally on its way... I expect to see it Tuesday... Now to just get the money together for the front or find a great discount and get it... Need the matching set...

I am sure the wait will be worth it... From the pictures it is a beautiful bumper.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Well.... Update that LOD created a label over a week ago and got me excited... Unfortunately, it seems they were just a bit premature but it is finally on its way... I expect to see it Tuesday... Now to just get the money together for the front or find a great discount and get it... Need the matching set...

I am sure the wait will be worth it... From the pictures it is a beautiful bumper.

Have you read this thread yet
Anyone have the LOD Destroyer Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier?

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=41700

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom