Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to change beadlock ring color?

How to change beadlock ring color?

Wow easy guys , just giving my opinion. Like I said to each his own. Painting looks great but IN MY OPINION, the up keep was not worth it, but if you want to paint them, go for it .

I would paint them in a way that makes touch up easy.
    Last edited by resqman911; 12-16-2016 at 02:58 PM.

That is a very hard color to compliment. Red or color match it. You can get rattle cans with the mopar color made at Sherwinn Williams Automotive.
    I would just paint them yourself. The powder coat will just get ruined and you won't be able to touch it up. A sand blaster should be able to get the yellow off for fairly cheap. Then just self etching primer and paint.
    I rattle canned mine and then 12 hours later they looked like the second pic.
    IMG_0952.jpgIMG_1082.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by resqman911 View Post
    To each his own, I like the bare metal because I can come home from a trip clean them up and I'm done, no re painting . Attachment 234658
    I clean mine up and I'm done as well. No repainting until I break them down and do a full maintenance day on the beadlocks.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Don't get me wrong I think they look great painted just a lot more work than what I want to do

And in all fairness on a white Jeep bare metal is pretty close to color match

Nothing but a Thing Sheaffadelic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by resqman911 View Post
    And in all fairness on a white Jeep bare metal is pretty close to color match
    i must be color blind
    #MiaKhalifa

Quote Originally Posted by Guascone View Post
    Yesterday I received my new beadlock wheels.
    I bought them with a very good price but I don't like the ring color...which kind of color could match with a anvil jku?
    How can I change it? Sand blasting it and then powdercoating ?
    Are they powder coated yellow? If so, sand blasting it will be tough and your shop will charge you more for it if they'll do it at all. If that is the case, I would just prime and paint them. If they are just painted, sand blasting and then having them powder coated is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Guascone View Post
    Yesterday I received my new beadlock wheels.
    I bought them with a very good price but I don't like the ring color...which kind of color could match with a anvil jku?
    How can I change it? Sand blasting it and then powdercoating ?

Attachment 234644
    Attachment 234645Attachment 234646
    Attachment 234647

I'd say sandblast and just use touch up paint. I personally like the color match and especially on the anvil. Here's a pic right after I did mine. Yes they get beat up but I still think they look good and you can always respray them if you'd like.
    IMG_2318.jpg

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Are they powder coated yellow? If so, sand blasting it will be tough and your shop will charge you more for it if they'll do it at all. If that is the case, I would just prime and paint them. If they are just painted, sand blasting and then having them powder coated is the way to go.
    Yes, they are powder coated yellow.
    So do you suggest to prime and paint it directly on the yellow? If yes I think that it will much easier...right?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy_RCW View Post
    I'd say sandblast and just use touch up paint. I personally like the color match and especially on the anvil. Here's a pic right after I did mine. Yes they get beat up but I still think they look good and you can always respray them if you'd like.
    IMG_2318.jpg

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I love the look of your rig!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast