Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 57

Thread: How to change beadlock ring color?

  1. #11
    Hooked resqman911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    186

    How to change beadlock ring color?

    Wow easy guys , just giving my opinion. Like I said to each his own. Painting looks great but IN MY OPINION, the up keep was not worth it, but if you want to paint them, go for it .

    I would paint them in a way that makes touch up easy.
    Last edited by resqman911; 12-16-2016 at 02:58 PM.

  2. #12
    Been Around the Block Sullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Chicago's South Side Irish
    Posts
    351
    That is a very hard color to compliment. Red or color match it. You can get rattle cans with the mopar color made at Sherwinn Williams Automotive.
    I would just paint them yourself. The powder coat will just get ruined and you won't be able to touch it up. A sand blaster should be able to get the yellow off for fairly cheap. Then just self etching primer and paint.
    I rattle canned mine and then 12 hours later they looked like the second pic.
    IMG_0952.jpgIMG_1082.jpg


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  3. #13
    Guy with a Red 2-Door cozdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    18,137
    Quote Originally Posted by resqman911 View Post
    To each his own, I like the bare metal because I can come home from a trip clean them up and I'm done, no re painting . Attachment 234658
    I clean mine up and I'm done as well. No repainting until I break them down and do a full maintenance day on the beadlocks.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES


    October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

    2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

    Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

    jlwrangler.com

  4. #14
    Hooked resqman911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    186
    Don't get me wrong I think they look great painted just a lot more work than what I want to do

  5. #15
    Hooked resqman911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    186
    And in all fairness on a white Jeep bare metal is pretty close to color match

  6. #16
    Nothing but a Thing Sheaffadelic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Carlisle, PA
    Posts
    1,804
    Quote Originally Posted by resqman911 View Post
    And in all fairness on a white Jeep bare metal is pretty close to color match
    i must be color blind
    #MiaKhalifa

  7. #17
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    49,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Guascone View Post
    Yesterday I received my new beadlock wheels.
    I bought them with a very good price but I don't like the ring color...which kind of color could match with a anvil jku?
    How can I change it? Sand blasting it and then powdercoating ?
    Are they powder coated yellow? If so, sand blasting it will be tough and your shop will charge you more for it if they'll do it at all. If that is the case, I would just prime and paint them. If they are just painted, sand blasting and then having them powder coated is the way to go.

  8. #18
    Nothing but a Thing Speedy_RCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Guascone View Post
    Yesterday I received my new beadlock wheels.
    I bought them with a very good price but I don't like the ring color...which kind of color could match with a anvil jku?
    How can I change it? Sand blasting it and then powdercoating ?

    Attachment 234644
    Attachment 234645Attachment 234646
    Attachment 234647


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I'd say sandblast and just use touch up paint. I personally like the color match and especially on the anvil. Here's a pic right after I did mine. Yes they get beat up but I still think they look good and you can always respray them if you'd like.
    IMG_2318.jpg


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

  9. #19
    Been Around the Block Guascone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Are they powder coated yellow? If so, sand blasting it will be tough and your shop will charge you more for it if they'll do it at all. If that is the case, I would just prime and paint them. If they are just painted, sand blasting and then having them powder coated is the way to go.
    Yes, they are powder coated yellow.
    So do you suggest to prime and paint it directly on the yellow? If yes I think that it will much easier...right?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  10. #20
    Been Around the Block Guascone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy_RCW View Post
    I'd say sandblast and just use touch up paint. I personally like the color match and especially on the anvil. Here's a pic right after I did mine. Yes they get beat up but I still think they look good and you can always respray them if you'd like.
    IMG_2318.jpg


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I love the look of your rig!


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS