How to change beadlock ring color?

Guascone

Yesterday I received my new beadlock wheels.
I bought them with a very good price but I don't like the ring color...which kind of color could match with a anvil jku?
How can I change it? Sand blasting it and then powdercoating ?

IMG_3411.jpg
IMG_3413.jpg IMG_3412.jpg
IMG_3300.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

resqman911

I personally think color matching is a waste if you are going to be playing in the rocks at all, but it will look good until the first trip.

dchew

Caught the Bug
Eddie did a short write up in a post here:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26876-RubiCAT-on-STEROIDS-40x15-50-Nitto-Mud-Grapplers

I think sand blasting is a good idea so when they get rash you won't see the original color. But I don't think powder coating makes much sense since they will get trashed on the trail. After blasting I would prime and paint with rattle cans like Eddie did. For color, you could match the anvil, go with another gray, or maybe red like the anniversary rubi's did. Anvil is a great color but tough to compliment. I vote for finding a color-matched rattle can like Rubicat.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I personally think color matching is a waste if you are going to be playing in the rocks at all, but it will look good until the first trip.

Oh yea such a waste :rollseyes:
IMG_6766.jpg

OP- I would have the paint stripped off and then repaint them yourself with a can of spray paint. This will allow you to touch them up and cheaper than having it powder coated. I would paint them red cause red looks awesome with anvil

resqman911

View attachment 234648

OP- I would have the paint stripped off and then repaint them yourself with a can of spray paint. This will allow you to touch them up and cheaper than having it powder coated. I would paint them red cause red looks awesome with anvil

To each his own, I like the bare metal because I can come home from a trip clean them up and I'm done, no re painting . ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1481899018.814452.jpg

Jackal01

It is a waste if resqman911 thinks it is a waste. :crazyeyes:

resqman911

Wow easy guys , just giving my opinion. Like I said to each his own. Painting looks great but IN MY OPINION, the up keep was not worth it, but if you want to paint them, go for it .

I would paint them in a way that makes touch up easy.

Last edited:

Sullivan

That is a very hard color to compliment. Red or color match it. You can get rattle cans with the mopar color made at Sherwinn Williams Automotive.
I would just paint them yourself. The powder coat will just get ruined and you won't be able to touch it up. A sand blaster should be able to get the yellow off for fairly cheap. Then just self etching primer and paint.
I rattle canned mine and then 12 hours later they looked like the second pic.
IMG_0952.jpg IMG_1082.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I bought them with a very good price but I don't like the ring color...which kind of color could match with a anvil jku?

Are they powder coated yellow? If so, sand blasting it will be tough and your shop will charge you more for it if they'll do it at all. If that is the case, I would just prime and paint them. If they are just painted, sand blasting and then having them powder coated is the way to go.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked

View attachment 234644
View attachment 234645 View attachment 234646
View attachment 234647

I'd say sandblast and just use touch up paint. I personally like the color match and especially on the anvil. Here's a pic right after I did mine. Yes they get beat up but I still think they look good and you can always respray them if you'd like.
IMG_2318.jpg

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Guascone

Are they powder coated yellow? If so, sand blasting it will be tough and your shop will charge you more for it if they'll do it at all. If that is the case, I would just prime and paint them. If they are just painted, sand blasting and then having them powder coated is the way to go.

Yes, they are powder coated yellow.
So do you suggest to prime and paint it directly on the yellow? If yes I think that it will much easier...right?

Top Bottom