Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to change beadlock ring color?

How to change beadlock ring color?

Yesterday I received my new beadlock wheels.
    I bought them with a very good price but I don't like the ring color...which kind of color could match with a anvil jku?
    How can I change it? Sand blasting it and then powdercoating ?

IMG_3411.jpg
    IMG_3413.jpgIMG_3412.jpg
    IMG_3300.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I personally think color matching is a waste if you are going to be playing in the rocks at all, but it will look good until the first trip.

Yes, I agree with you...but yellow...I can't see it on my baby...

Yeah the yellow is no good with your jeep

How to change beadlock ring color?

Eddie did a short write up in a post here:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...-Mud-Grapplers

I think sand blasting is a good idea so when they get rash you won't see the original color. But I don't think powder coating makes much sense since they will get trashed on the trail. After blasting I would prime and paint with rattle cans like Eddie did. For color, you could match the anvil, go with another gray, or maybe red like the anniversary rubi's did. Anvil is a great color but tough to compliment. I vote for finding a color-matched rattle can like Rubicat.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by dchew; 12-16-2016 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by resqman911 View Post
    I personally think color matching is a waste if you are going to be playing in the rocks at all, but it will look good until the first trip.
    Oh yea such a waste :rollseyes:
    IMG_6766.jpg

OP- I would have the paint stripped off and then repaint them yourself with a can of spray paint. This will allow you to touch them up and cheaper than having it powder coated. I would paint them red cause red looks awesome with anvil
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Red seems a good choice!

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    IMG_6766.jpg

OP- I would have the paint stripped off and then repaint them yourself with a can of spray paint. This will allow you to touch them up and cheaper than having it powder coated. I would paint them red cause red looks awesome with anvil
    To each his own, I like the bare metal because I can come home from a trip clean them up and I'm done, no re painting . ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1481899018.814452.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post

It is a waste if resqman911 thinks it is a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by resqman911 View Post
    To each his own, I like the bare metal because I can come home from a trip clean them up and I'm done, no re painting . ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1481899018.814452.jpg
    I do like colored rings but I thoroughly enjoy my chamber pro rings raw. Your rig looks badass, too.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast