Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: On Board air compressor vs tank style air

Quote Originally Posted by Magilla View Post
    I am trying to decide between getting on board air or Co2 tanks for our 2013 JK. Many of the forums and discussions that I have found are outdated. I'd like some current product input from people that have used it.
    I've used both extensively.

CO2 is quicker but you run out and have to find a welding supply store or something similar to refill. There's also the requirement for hydrostatic testing of the tank periodically in order to continue using it.

OBA is a bit slower but not too much if you go with the big ARB twin or something similar. Smaller footprint. Also unlimited supply (if battery isn't dead) at no cost beyond initial purchase.

I have both but prefer OBA.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Can't argue against CO2 but I like that my Oba doesn't run out and I've never had overheating issue

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thread revival!!

Anyone else had issues with their ARB overheating? One person mentions this earlier in the thread and I've heard it elsewhere as well. That's kind of a showstopper for me if the long term plan is to not only air up tires but also lockers from this. If it overheats on me the moment I need lockers, that's no good. Only an issue if mounted in the engine bay perhaps?

It likely won't overheat when using lockers as it rarely cycles during use of activation/deactivation. I suppose it could when airing up, I've never had an issue when taking my 35s from 12 back to 30psi in the hot nevada desert- mine is also mounted in the engine bay

Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    It likely won't overheat when using lockers as it rarely cycles during use of activation/deactivation. I suppose it could when airing up, I've never had an issue when taking my 35s from 12 back to 30psi in the hot nevada desert- mine is also mounted in the engine bay

How often are they suppose to kick on? Mines about every 8-10 min. And will kick on for a split second

Quote Originally Posted by Mybadjk View Post
    How often are they suppose to kick on? Mines about every 8-10 min. And will kick on for a split second

Not sure what they are supposed to do but mine barely ever does, maybe only a few times a day while I'm out, depends on how much on and off I guess. Might be worth seeing if your seeping air anywhere.but it is just a quick burp when it cycles

Not sure what they are supposed to do but mine barely ever does, maybe only a few times a day while I'm out, depends on how much on and off I guess. Might be worth seeing if your seeping air anywhere.but it is just a quick burp when it cycles

Are you running a tank or manifold?

Are you running a tank or manifold?

I have the arb single with manifold- use it for front and rear lockers/ airing up

^What Benatc1 said. If you're cycling that often without actuating anything you have a leak somewhere. Hopefully its at one of the bulkhead fittings at one of the diffs or at the manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    ^What Benatc1 said. If you're cycling that often without actuating anything you have a leak somewhere. Hopefully its at one of the bulkhead fittings at one of the diffs or at the manifold.
    I think it's the solenoid. I went through and redid the teflon and didn't tighten it all the way down. Cause at first it was kicking on every minute and got it to where it's like every 9-10 min. I just don't have a thin enough wrench.