Project No Name

Munky

I guess since I have actually been doing stuff to my JKU I would post a build thread. I was a Tacoma Driver from July 07 - Jan 12, also had a 86 Toyota Pickup that was my trail rig. I'm Active Duty US Navy, and got orders to Hawaii so I sold the 86 lost a good bit of money on that truck. Also Traded in my Tacoma and my wive's Ford Escape for my 2012 JKU Sport-S, it had something like 8 miles on it when i got it.
Brand new
2012-01-08_09-17-44_498.jpg

Then within a couple of weeks I added ACE Bolt-on Sliders, and Hankook AT 255/75/17 I had heard that the inspections on Oahu were really bad. Hit the beach in OBX one last time before shipping her to Oahu.
P1310037.jpg

During the time spent on Oahu I add a HARDROCK4x4 engine skid, some Surprise Straps grab handles, and a SPIDERWEB SHADE. (pics on request) I did hit K point a few times while I was out there.
Southside
DSC_0634.jpg
Northside
IMG_1231.jpg

Last edited:

Munky

While out in Hawaii I became a HAM Radio Operator. Have an Yaesu FTM-400DR in the Jeep, hooked to a Browning Dual Band NMO antenna.
QSL Card I was using in Hawaii. KH7FC
QSL front.jpg

Fast Forward to March this year. San Diego, CA.

I wanted an OBA so I ordered a ARB CKSA12, not the fastest compressor out there but its better than nothing. Mounted to an EVO-1078 bracket.
IMG_8082.jpg

Rough Country 2 1/2" Coils and Shocks. No Alignment done at time of lift, that was a hell of a ride home (10 miles). Got an alignment done the next day.
IMG_8080.jpg

I ordered new tires and wheels from 4WD. MAXXIS BigHorn 35x12.5x17 on Procomp Series 51 Steelies (set of 5). Used the neighbors driveway, a floor jack, and highlight to put them on.
IMG_7531.JPG.jpg

Munky

In Oct I got sent to the Precom Unit of my next ship in Mississippi. Wasn't really planning to do a lot to her while Im down here. Changed out my Headlight Bulbs to some SuperWhites, Fog Bulbs to JDM LEDs, Reverse Lights to LEDs.

Went to a Toys For Tots event a couple of weeks ago in Mobile, AL. They had a raffle for people that brought toys, I took my roommate with me. Together we won Rough County Dual Steering Stabilizer and Painless Performance Trail Rocker System. Since He doesn't own a Jeep we had already worked out a deal before getting there incase He won something. I did a couple of install videos for those Items.

And a quick talk thru of setting up the ARB compressor to the Trail Rocker System.

Enjoying the progress. Actually came across your install video on YouTube earlier today!

You're correct on the winch wiring, we are updating the manual to include explanation and instructions on that. Also, the winch add-on kit (p/n 57150) is releasing soon, which includes a momentary LED on-off-on switch and custom winch switch cover.

Munky

Enjoying the progress. Actually came across your install video on YouTube earlier today!

You're correct on the winch wiring, we are updating the manual to include explanation and instructions on that. Also, the winch add-on kit (p/n 57150) is releasing soon, which includes a momentary LED on-off-on switch and custom winch switch cover.

Awesome, thanks for the comment. Hope to see the kit and update soon. Just need to get a winch so I can order it and do a follow up video. Hope I did a video that made you proud. My skills aren't that great yet on the video editing but I will get there.

Munky

Got some rock lights from the In-laws, Jeep is in MS. I'm in San Diego till next month, install to come. Got the MAX LUX Orange color, hoping they work out like i want.

When i said something about naming the Jeep to the wife, she said Big Bertha without missing a beat. Not sure I'm good with that name, so trying to come up with something.

Top Bottom