EVO Enforcer 3" Installed Incorrectly?

eazy

I had my Enforcer lift installed a couple months ago and I've noticed a squeaking sound coming from the rear when I go over speed bumps. Today I crawled under and noticed that the rear end links are rubbing the rear bump stops. Were the bump stops installed backwards? Here is a picture of the right rear... IMG_20161218_145237.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks to me like the sway bar links are on the wrong side of their mounts. Here is mine for comparison. Not an Enforcer, but I would think same concept applies.

They were probably installed like this because the OP is most likely still running stock wheels or wheels with too much back spacing. For sure, it's far from being the right way to run the links but I have seen it done to get around the problem of having the links rub on the sidewalls.

eazy

Here are some more pictures. Is it just that the bump stops need to be flipped around so they are angled in the other direction? Or is there something else wrong? IMG_20161218_150853.jpg IMG_20161218_150842.jpg

Looks to me like the sway bar links are on the wrong side of their mounts. Here is mine for comparison. Not an Enforcer, but I would think same concept applies.

View attachment 234946

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=32769

^^ what granite said. The sway bar links should be mounted on the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here are some more pictures. Is it just that the bump stops need to be flipped around so they are angled in the other direction? Or is there something else wrong?

Technically, both the bump stop extensions need to be flipped so that they lean forward and your links should be mounted on the outside BUT, looking at your photos, you might not be able to do that without the link ends rubbing on the sidewall of your tires - or being dangerously close to them.

GraniteCrystal

Sounds like you need to invest in some Spidertrax spacers for about $120 or some new wheels with less backspacing. Then you can set it up as it should be. Anything else would be a band aid I think.

eazy

Jackal01

4.75 may not be enough. I am at just 4.06 with Chamber Pros. Enforcer 4" lift on mine.

Edit. forgot tire size. 35x12.50 Duratracs.

20161218_150458.jpg 20161218_150412.jpg

Last edited:

GraniteCrystal

4.75" is a lot of back spacing. I typically recommend no more than 4.5" and prefer 4" with 12.50 wide tires.
Factory backspacing is 6.25 yeah? With 1.5" spacers I'm also at 4.75" of backspacing. Thought I'd be OK with this setup and 37s but sounds like I'll still have some rub?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Factory backspacing is 6.25 yeah? With 1.5" spacers I'm also at 4.75" of backspacing. Thought I'd be OK with this setup and 37s but sounds like I'll still have some rub?

Not necessarily. You might be close but the determining factors are what tires you're running as well as what wheels they're mounted on - the width of them will make a difference.

eazy

4.75" is a lot of back spacing. I typically recommend no more than 4.5" and prefer 4" with 12.50 wide tires.
Ah, I see. I got a great deal on the wheels ($554 shipped for 5) so I don't want to part with them just yet. Which is "worse", running wheel spacers or running the end links on the inside?

Before I put in my 1.5" spacers, I was at 4.50 backspace with my fuel wheels and 37s (Nitto TGs) and I had rub at full turn. But it was slight rub and only at full lock. Still bothered me, so I got the spacers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, I see. I got a great deal on the wheels ($554 shipped for 5) so I don't want to part with them just yet. Which is "worse", running wheel spacers or running the end links on the inside?

eh, I'd say just flip your bump stop extensions and run things as is. The worse that will happen is that your links will start to bend a bit if they make contact with your axle at a full droop and even at that, it's not big enough of a deal to by wheel spacers. At least, not in my opinion. My only point for bringing any of this up was to just explain why you are seeing what you're seeing with your links - not to suggest it's a significant problem.

tgoss

Hmm. These are my wheels. 17x8.5, 5x5, 4.75".

http://www.methodracewheels.com/products/hole-magnesium

Then you should technically have plenty of room to move the links outboard where they should be. I used to have NV's with no spacers and it worked just fine.

*Edit, will add I ended up doing synergy spacers because it was very close but I didn't have a problem. The spacers worked out great until I could afford to switch up to wheels with more backspacing.

Last edited:

eazy

eh, I'd say just flip your bump stop extensions and run things as is. The worse that will happen is that your links will start to bend a bit if they make contact with your axle at a full droop and even at that, it's not big enough of a deal to by wheel spacers. At least, not in my opinion. My only point for bringing any of this up was to just explain why you are seeing what you're seeing with your links - not to suggest it's a significant problem.
I had the shop flip the bumpstops and repaint the metal. I'm going to run it as-is for now. Thanks for the advice.

Top Bottom