Oh my, this group is nothing like I had been following for years.

Our jeep is a 14 with 28k mikes and our steering box is bad, just dropped at the dealership to have it replaced yesterday. Steering boxes are terrible for Jeeps.

Same issue with our 77 CJ5.

Also, if you want to beef it up like we are, MotoBilt has everything you need.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Our jeep is a 14 with 28k mikes and our steering box is bad, just dropped at the dealership to have it replaced yesterday. Steering boxes are terrible for Jeeps.

I find that hard to believe. I've owned 4 JK's over the last 10 years and of the 2 that I still own, one has 170,000 miles on it and the other has almost 90,000 on it. I've NEVER had a steering box go "bad" on me. They are fine and if you have an older Delphi box, they're even better.

Same issue with our 77 CJ5.

The two are light years apart when it comes to difference and even in how they're mounted to the frame. Not even close to being similar.

Also, if you want to beef it up like we are, MotoBilt has everything you need.

Not sure I'd want to trust a company that I've never heard of.

I find that hard to believe. I've owned 4 JK's over the last 10 years and of the 2 that I still own, one has 170,000 miles on it and the other has almost 90,000 on it. I've NEVER had a steering box go "bad" on me. They are fine and if you have an older Delphi box, they're even better.

Just sharing my own personal experience.

The two are light years apart when it comes to difference and even in how they're mounted to the frame. Not even close to being similar.

Agreed, they are completely different, however, both boxes have issues. Again, this is my very own personal experience.

Just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they aren't trustworthy. Are you here to just start drama? I thought this was about sharing information about our own personal experiences, not be rude.

I am just sharing my own experiences. Every jeep is different. Some have issues and others don't, not one is the same. What works for you may not work for someone else. Agreed, they are completely different, however, both boxes have issues. Again, this is my very own personal experience. Just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they aren't trustworthy. Are you here to just start drama? I thought this was about sharing information about our own personal experiences, not be rude.

WJCO

Meme King
Just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they aren't trustworthy. Are you here to just start drama? I thought this was about sharing information about our own personal experiences, not be rude.

I am just sharing my own experiences. Every jeep is different. Some have issues and others don't, not one is the same. What works for you may not work for someone else. Agreed, they are completely different, however, both boxes have issues. Again, this is my very own personal experience. Just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they aren't trustworthy. Are you here to just start drama? I thought this was about sharing information about our own personal experiences, not be rude.

Calm down, Felicia. I'm with Eddie. In my professional experience of close to twenty years, I've seen less than a handful of boxes go bad on all makes and models, let alone Jeeps. And a couple just had worn out external splines from time/miles/rust. Not saying it can't happen but I agree it's rare. As far as the company you recommended, never heard of them either, don't know if there trustworthy or not.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just sharing my experience.

Maybe it's just me but "sharing your experience" typically includes explaining what went "bad" with your steering box - not just saying that your dealership is replacing it.

Just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they aren't trustworthy.

You're absolutely right. I mean, you're recommending them and everyone knows who you are so I suppose they have to be trustworthy. :rolleyes2:

Are you here to just start drama? I thought this was about sharing information about our own personal experiences, not be rude.

:cheesy: No need to get all butthurt over a whole lot of nothing. I'd be interested in hearing about your personal experiences but the only thing you've done so far is say your dealership is replacing your steering box and that people should buy from a vendor you like. :idontknow:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Every jeep is different. Some have issues and others don't, not one is the same. What works for you may not work for someone else. Agreed, they are completely different, however, both boxes have issues. Again, this is my very own personal experience.

Funny, I have yet to hear what any of these issues are :thinking: :idontknow:

Oh my, this group is nothing like I had been following for years. Wow... sorry for posting. Have an incredible day.

Oh my, didn't realize questioning anything you may have to say or doubting the trustworthiness of a vendor that you want to promote was such a terrible thing to do. Wow... I guess it's me who should be sorry for posting. :naw:

I hope you have an incredible day.

JeepJeep75

How rude of all of us to not jump right on your "jeep is terrible and has shitty steering boxes" soap box. You got called out for your assumption, Jen, and your questionable recommendation for some company nobody has heard of. You came into this house with a big ol' chip on your shoulder. Get over yourself. Oh, and here's a wave for you. [emoji112] Had you really been following this group you might have a clue as to why you're getting these types of replies to your brash thread you made. Again, here you go, [emoji112].

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just got the following PM - not sure what I said that was so offensive but I guess she's leaving. :naw:

jensouthernoffroad said:
How can I delete my account? I will go back to just watching videos and such. Thanks!

WJCO

Meme King
Summary of events: A simple disagreement occurred. Eddie got accused of starting drama for questioning the member's recommendation. Member got upset. Member wanted account deleted.

The internet is a tough place, some people just can't hang :grayno: .

mo0s3

Moto built is a good company, I dunno about their boxes but they make a awesome kit to stretch your jeep [emoji16] edit: the kit we have is for a shop jeep (yj) so actually haha dunno about the rest.
I think they are a back east company. Not too many people see their stuff out here on the west coast .
But again I just thought they made kits, Bumpers, diff covers and rock rings lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom