Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: PSC Performance Steering New Product Release To Be Early 2017

Ported for hydraulic assist I would presume??

Been Around the Block dannymalkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Yes I believe that is an option

I would assume you can get it pre ported since you already have hydro. Hopefully Jeff hops on soon to answer it for you
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Quote Originally Posted by dannymalkin View Post
    Yes I believe that is an option
    Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    I would assume you can get it pre ported since you already have hydro. Hopefully Jeff hops on soon to answer it for you
    Looks like hydro plumbed is an option and this will retail for $1395
    IMG_7315.jpg
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Wow, what a great new option!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wait, so 1395 for a hydro ported box, but not the new steering pump or ram correct?

I was just sitting around the campfire and talking about this with my buddies Sunday night. Monday morning, half a mile from the highway, my buddy hits a rock. And sure enough, broken sector shaft. I'm gonna send him this info.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    If that's true, I'm glad to hear it.

Ideally, you really want a ram to be mounted to the axle and have it pushing and pulling at the knuckle but most Dana 44 setups today have it mounted at the track bar mount and having it push and pull at the tie-rod. If you're running a factory tie-rod or one that isn't up to the task like a Metalcloak, your ram will exert enough force to bend it. This is a problem I've seen time and time again. With a tie rod that is strong enough like a Currie, you will be fine.

Also, if you have big flex, you really need to keep an eye on your hoses as over time, they can chaff against each other or on other components and over time, can fail. A compromised line isn't the end of the world but if you don't have a spare or don't have the means to cap things off, you are going to be left without any power steering. This can be extremely difficult to drive especially with big tires and/or on the rocks.
    Eddie, as you know, i have a RK drag link with stock tie rod end and synergy tie rod. If i use this new beefier box and upgrade my tie rod end i should notice a difference when locked up in front running 37s right? And if so recomendations on a tie rod end? Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345