Oem headlight disconnecting

Hollywd32

Was trying to put in my new truck lights But and trying to figure out how to disconnect the existing headlights from the plug . Any secrets or ? Thanks

rinkishjk

The red lock tab needs to slide rearward till it clicks. Then inside that clip is a button. Push down on that "button" and that will release the plug.
To change the headlight u gotta pull the grille which is easy. Black button clips on top and pull the grille from the bottom to release the clips, and I just twist and remove the amber lights.
Then u need I think a t15 torx for the chrome headlight ring. Take those 4 out and out comes the light assy.
Install ur truck lites, plug in wiring and rinse and repeat on other side.

Hollywd32

The red lock tab needs to slide rearward till it clicks. Then inside that clip is a button. Push down on that "button" and that will release the plug.
To change the headlight u gotta pull the grille which is easy. Black button clips on top and pull the grille from the bottom to release the clips, and I just twist and remove the amber lights.
Then u need I think a t15 torx for the chrome headlight ring. Take those 4 out and out comes the light assy.
Install ur truck lites, plug in wiring and rinse and repeat on other side.

Thanks! Grill and stuff ok but the damn red switch wouldn't release. Will try again tomorrow.

Hollywd32

Thanks guys! I was able to remove them this Am and I truly love the truck lites. Now for the fog lights. These bulbs remove the same way ?

Top Bottom