When Things Go Wrong

GraniteCrystal

I've found it really helpful to watch videos of when offroading goes wrong. Videos of tricked out Jeeps climbing huge obstacles sometimes make it look super easy and it's a good reminder to me to watch a video when things didn't go well and analyze what went wrong.

Throw up any video you have that'd be helfpul for newcomers or just a good reminder to ol timers to always take the trail seriously.

Here is one to get us started.
https://youtu.be/wyIDNn73H4U

What went wrong: too much skinny pedal and a poor spotter

132JKPNW

It's always a difficult decision to entrust someone you've never met before to spot you on an obstacle that you've never been on...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

YEP! Also, driver was focused on spotter with 100% trust. I usually trust a spotter whom has solid hand movements and i know, but always stop and check myself, talk it over and come up with a plan before its executed. I like this topic because I'm always a little worried in a two door. I feel like its gonna roll over on everything with a steep approach.

Ddays

Hooked
It's always a difficult decision to entrust someone you've never met before to spot you on an obstacle that you've never been on...

That decision isn't so difficult when the spotter is experienced. You know whether or not they are at the first obstacle. That guy was awful and looked like that was his first time spotting the way he was waving all over the place. He looked like the General in the control tower trying to land Buddy Hackett & Mickey Rooney's plane in "It's a Mad Mad World!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
After the rollover you hear the spotter ask "He was on the line wasn't he?"

She is a complete idiot. I dont care how perfect he took that line there was no way it as going to work.

Hate to break it to you but that is the line, and she knew what she was doing. If memory serves, she is plenty experienced.

Personally, I think the crab walk is stupid because so much is left to chance. I'd rather blast up the "V" like Cindy did in a recent Moab video.

This is on Pritchett.

Last edited:

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
Hate to break it to you but that is the line, and she knew what she was doing. If memory serves, she is plenty experienced.

Personally, I think the crab walk is stupid because so much is left to chance. I'd rather blast up the "V" like Cindy did in a recent Moab video.

Fair enough, thanks for the correction. :beer:

I couldn't agree more with Sharkey on this. She has guided folks on this same line MANY times!!!!

With that being said, I have not stopped thinking about how Eddie ran Cindy on it this past time. Pull the clip. I'm sure Steve ran it the same way. Seriously considering it next time I take it on.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
^^ That's how I would run it. Again, the crab sideways shit is not in my list of "to do's". Seems like way too much of a random roll of the dice.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Every time I see this video it pisses me off. How did she ever think that was going to work once the Jeep started pitching over...

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

Top Bottom