Here to pimp my video and two members support me

htweelz

In early December Adams Jeep and Topless for TATAs had their Toys for Tots Jeep run. I put together a video for it. Enjoy.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ummm, welcome back to WAYALIFE. Been over a year since you've last been on here but it's nice to see you come by again just to pimp your video. :rolleyes2:

Merry Christmas

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Ummm, welcome back to WAYALIFE. Been over a year since you've last been on here but it's nice to see you come by again just to pimp your video. :rolleyes2:

Merry Christmas

Maybe he's in the giving spirit? :idontknow: :crazyeyes:

Merry Christmas

Normally I'd bite my lip here but I feel compelled to say that I feel you're out of line. To suggest that OP is "pimping" his video here suggests that he somehow stands to gain or profit from sharing it and quite frankly the only thing that I see is a bunch of jeepers getting together for a worthy cause. To help children who aren't as fortunate as the rest of us.

You know, I've had a bumpy ride here at WAYALIFE... said some things I shouldn't have and prolly offended some peeps that I didn't intend to offend as have a lot of people here I'm sure. There is so much left open to interpretation when things are read and things can very easily be taken out of context. At the end of the day, I've stuck around and tried to contribute wherever possible because I believe the people here ultimately are good folks. That being said... if sharing videos such as these (especially around Christmas time) is frowned upon then maybe I was wrong.

For the record, I hope that I'm wrong and maybe just misunderstood what was posted.

Merry Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Regardless of the cause, looks like pimping to me. If he had been more active in the last year, I don't think it would hardly be noticed. Sure looks to me like he only came back to show off the video. :idontknow:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Normally I'd bite my lip here but I feel compelled to say that I feel you're out of line.

Being that this is my house, I don't make it a habit to bite my lip and I'm compelled to say that it is you who is out of line. Don't like the things I say, don't have to be here. It's as simple as that.

To suggest that OP is "pimping" his video here suggests that he somehow stands to gain or profit from sharing it and quite frankly the only thing that I see is a bunch of jeepers getting together for a worthy cause. To help children who aren't as fortunate as the rest of us.

Oh, get over your self-righteous high horse. This video highlights an event, as worthy as it may have been - had happened already, with people who aren't a part of this forum and so far as I can tell, does nothing to help anyone other than to help promote himself. If you really want to help someone, just help them - grandstanding about it so that strangers will know how awesome you are is just tasteless.

You know, I've had a bumpy ride here at WAYALIFE... said some things I shouldn't have and prolly offended some peeps that I didn't intend to offend as have a lot of people here I'm sure. There is so much left open to interpretation when things are read and things can very easily be taken out of context. At the end of the day, I've stuck around and tried to contribute wherever possible because I believe the people here ultimately are good folks.

You're right, the people here are good folks. It's too bad you're not really one of them.

That being said... if sharing videos such as these (especially around Christmas time) is frowned upon then maybe I was wrong.

That being said... making your first post in over a year and of a self-congratulatory video highlighting all the good you've done with people none of us know is something that I frown upon - ESPECIALLY AROUND CHRISTMAS TIME. Whatever ideas you may of had about this forum, the people on here or me was clearly something you imagined because nobody I would call a friend would be so self-serving or so self-righteous.

For the record, I hope that I'm wrong and maybe just misunderstood what was posted.

For the record, the only thing you're wrong about is your own self-righteousness.

Merry Christmas!

To suggest that I'm being self righteous would infer that somehow I believe that I'm better than anyone here. How you gathered that from my post quite honestly puzzles me?!

It's funny that you claim that I'm not a good person when quite frankly you've never met me, know nothing about me, my character, or what I stand for!

I for one am happy that there are jeepers out there that are doing good for children in need, especially around the holidays! You call that self righteous... I call that just being decent human beings[emoji1360]

JAGS

Hooked
Normally I'd bite my lip here but I feel compelled to say that I feel you're out of line. To suggest that OP is "pimping" his video here suggests that he somehow stands to gain or profit from sharing it and quite frankly the only thing that I see is a bunch of jeepers getting together for a worthy cause. To help children who aren't as fortunate as the rest of us.

You know, I've had a bumpy ride here at WAYALIFE... said some things I shouldn't have and prolly offended some peeps that I didn't intend to offend as have a lot of people here I'm sure. There is so much left open to interpretation when things are read and things can very easily be taken out of context. At the end of the day, I've stuck around and tried to contribute wherever possible because I believe the people here ultimately are good folks. That being said... if sharing videos such as these (especially around Christmas time) is frowned upon then maybe I was wrong.

Merry Christmas!

You may have a leg to stand on if circumstance and facts were different. Let's recap....

Fact: poster does have something to gain, pub for the club and event. Pub for the YT channel.

Fact: op hasn't been around in over a year and thus not a contributing member.

Fact: you should probably keep biting your tongue.

Fact: the people here ARE good, no "ultimately" about it.

Circumstance: maybe, had a long time contributing member of the forum contacted Eddie before posting up or even before the event, and asked if they post up a recap video, I'd venture to say eddie might consider.

Fact: that isn't what happened and for you to chime in otherwise is exactly why you've had a difficult time here.

So to you I say back,

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
To suggest that I'm being self righteous would infer that somehow I believe that I'm better than anyone here. How you gathered that from my post quite honestly puzzles me?!

Well of course you would never see yourself as being self-righteous. That self-righteous never do as that would take a bit of humility instead of preaching at others about what you believe.

It's funny that you claim that I'm not a good person when quite frankly you've never met me, know nothing about me, my character, or what I stand for!

It's funny how you could never understand that I am only going off of what you say, it's all I have to go off of and it tells me a lot about your character and what you stand for. That being said, I'm glad I've never met you in person as I suspect you're every bit the same guy in person that you are online.

I for one am happy that there are jeepers out there that are doing good for children in need, especially around the holidays! You call that self righteous... I call that just being decent human beings[emoji1360]

Nobody I know said they care what makes you happy. Hell, I'm glad that a self-congratulatory video made by someone you don't even know makes you happy. What I call self-righteous is you propping yourself up on a pedestal of "decent human beings" and feeling the need to preach down at me just because I don't sharing in your sentiment.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

Great speech, but the event and meaning behind it has nothing to do with why it was wrong for this guy to dump in and post.

I'm not sure why it is so hard for people to understand. [emoji849]

Great speech, but the event and meaning behind it has nothing to do with why it was wrong for this guy to dump in and post.

I'm not sure why it is so hard for people to understand. [emoji849]

So if I go on hiatus for say 6 or 8 months and then come back and post a quick video about anything... a trail run, a how to, anything... that's wrong?

No, I actually completely understand... I just disagree.

It's one thing for someone to come on and try and sell things or to post something for personal gain after being inactive for a period or just joining... I've seen that time and time again and completely understand why it's frowned upon... makes perfect sense.

On the other hand, were talking about a recap video (not a promotional video) of people at Christmas time doing a good deed to help others and the op is accused of pimping, being self righteous, tasteless amongst other things... all because he hadn't posted in a while?! Where in the "rules" is this a thing?

Aside from all of that, I guess I was raised differently. When I watched the video, it made me feel good that in a world as fucked up as ours is today, that there are still decent people that are out there helping others.... it motivated me to do a little extra, a little more than I normally do to make a difference, albeit a small one. I didn't immediately think, "what a tasteless, self righteous, pimp"!

I was told that if I don't like things then I don't have to be here! Well, I am here and I'm a member of this forum and that's my 2 cents! As long as I am still here... right or wrong, I'll continue to point my out when I believe someone is wrong[emoji1360]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No, I actually completely understand... I just disagree.

And I disagree - you actually understand NOTHING.

It's one thing for someone to come on and try and sell things or to post something for personal gain after being inactive for a period or just joining... I've seen that time and time again and completely understand why it's frowned upon... makes perfect sense.

On the other hand, were talking about a recap video (not a promotional video) of people at Christmas time doing a good deed to help others and the op is accused of pimping, being self righteous, tasteless amongst other things... all because he hadn't posted in a while?!

WRONG. It was a promotional video of a sponsored event featuring people nobody here knows and all to show what great people they are for caring. Not only has this guy not posted here in over a year, if you took the time to look, he hasn't even been back online since he came on here to pimp his video. :naw:

Where in the "rules" is this a thing?

Let me come to your house and take a shit on your sofa. I'm sure you don't have a rule for doing something like that.

Aside from all of that, I guess I was raised differently. When I watched the video, it made me feel good that in a world as fucked up as ours is today, that there are still decent people that are out there helping others.... it motivated me to do a little extra, a little more than I normally do to make a difference, albeit a small one.

For the love of god, if I wanted to hear self-righteous preaching, I would have gone to a midnight mass.

I didn't immediately think, "what a tasteless, self righteous, pimp"!

That's because you're small minded and to be clear, I never said the OP was self-righteous, just self-serving and self-congratulatory. I said that YOU are self-righteous. :naw:

I was told that if I don't like things then I don't have to be here! Well, I am here and I'm a member of this forum and that's my 2 cents! As long as I am still here... right or wrong, I'll continue to point my out when I believe someone is wrong[emoji1360]

:cheesy: You say that like you've got some kind of god given right to be here and self-righteously peach at people based on what you've chosen to believe.

Top Bottom