I'm going to delete the app, list your email as spam & unsubscribe from your youtube

JKNuts

I'm going to delete the app, list your email as spam & unsubscribe from your youtube

At the risk of catching hell from the forum, here is my two cents worth. I started out with a lot of steel add-ons including a swing out tire carrier. I got tired of the performance on and off road and got rid of all of it. I went with an aluminum rear bumper and the Teraflex heavy duty spare tire carrier. Personally I like it a lot more than a swing out. I run 35 inch tires with aluminum 17 inch wheels so the weight isn't much. I personally think the Teraflex works fine for 35 to 37 inch tires. It has been known to break and there are probably other options that might be stronger but there is a trade off between all the cool (heavy) stuff you can put on a Jeep and the reality when you are climbing a steep incline. I should say that I have a 2011 with the POS engine so weight is critical for me.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
At the risk of catching hell from the forum, here is my two cents worth. I started out with a lot of steel add-ons including a swing out tire carrier. I got tired of the performance on and off road and got rid of all of it. I went with an aluminum rear bumper and the Teraflex heavy duty spare tire carrier. Personally I like it a lot more than a swing out. I run 35 inch tires with aluminum 17 inch wheels so the weight isn't much. I personally think the Teraflex works fine for 35 to 37 inch tires. It has been known to break and there are probably other options that might be stronger but there is a trade off between all the cool (heavy) stuff you can put on a Jeep and the reality when you are climbing a steep incline. I should say that I have a 2011 with the POS engine so weight is critical for me.

LOL!! I dunno man, before we installed an LS under the hood on Moby, he was still weighing in close to 7k and people still bitched at me for driving too fast and this was with his POS 3.8L. Likewise, I don't ever recall his weight being an issue for us on the trail grated, a lot of it was in the axles, wheels and tires instead of up on the roof. To each his own on the aluminum fad but I'd have to totally disagree with your assessment of things. But then, I'm just a mall crawler and what would I know.

JKNuts

The thing I really don't like about the body/tailgate mounted tire carriers is that if come off a big ledge and catch your spare, you are going to jack up your tailgate and rear glass if you have a hard top. You can still get the tailgate open in one motion with A LOT of bumper tire carriers or with something like the AEV tire carrier.

I was worried about that so I mounted a hitch upside down like shown in this thread. I wheel in relatively easy stuff at Moab but I don't have problems with obstacles like the fall on Steel bender. Again, a hinge mounts carrier is not bad if you run no more than 35-37 inch tires. The highly modified vehicles like a lot of those on this forum would not be served well but daily drivers like mine can still wheel fine with hinge mounted carriers.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was worried about that so I mounted a hitch upside down like shown in this thread. I wheel in relatively easy stuff at Moab but I don't have problems with obstacles like the fall on Steel bender. Again, a hinge mounts carrier is not bad if you run no more than 35-37 inch tires. The highly modified vehicles like a lot of those on this forum would not be served well but daily drivers like mine can still wheel fine with hinge mounted carriers.

No need to justify why you bought what you did with me. It's your Jeep and your money and you should do what you want with both. The hitch mounted upside down will help a lot on the trail but try something like White Knuckle without it. I've also seen plenty of jacked up tailgates and busted rear glass windows just trying to make one of the steep climbs on Metal Masher. I know I'm just a noob when it comes to Jeepin but I just try to share what I've seen in the hopes that I might be able to help someone not make the same mistakes.

BTW, ALL my Jeeps are daily drivers and I prefer to use the one running 40's the most.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! Just got the following PM from this guy and being that he's going to delete the app, list my email notifications as spam and unsubscribe from my youtube channel, I figured I would share it with all of you. Pay no attention that he hasn't posted on here in over 3 years prior to the ones above but as you can clearly see, he "actually cares" about me and my forum. :crazyeyes:

JKNuts said:
Hi Eddie, I have been on your forum for a few years and have enjoyed all your videos. I am the demographic I would assume you want for your advertisers. I'm old enough to have the money to fix my jeep so I can afford the things your advertisers pay to advertise on your site. I love the builds you have done, the videos you make and recognize the talent you display in your work.

But I have to say that on your forum, the one I assume you hope to continue to grow so that you can pay your bills and enjoy your jeep, you demean and belittle anyone who has another opinion. I've watched over the last 3 years and you've done that to one person after another. It's no skin off my nose as I can, and am going to, just delete the app, list your email notifications as spam and unsubscribe from your youtube channel but I actually care about you and your forum, I feel like you've become family. I know you'll be pissed and probably mention this on your forum, but as one marketer to another, consider being more inclusive. As an example, you were very good to tell me today that it didn't matter what I bought (I like my aluminum, thank you), to each his own, but then you say in passing (twice today), that "what do I know, I'm just a mall crawler" what a silly comment, of course you have a lot more experience that I do, that's the very reason why I look at the forum, but at the same time, the snarky comment stops a lot of us from commenting or participating. Most of us just go away over time and as a man that makes his living promoting and marketing businesses, that is the last thing you want.

If you could just recognize that there are a lot of ways to build something and let us give our opinion as well, you would probably increase your following. Again, you have a lot of talent and I wish you the best in the future, for me I will move on to other forums that fit my needs better.

JKNuts, I know you'll come by to see this cause guys like you always do, let me just say that in spite of what you've chosen to believe, this forum of mine is my home on the internet and NOT some kind of popularity contest. I am always happy to have advertisers help pay for it to exist but having them on here or having a guy like you buy from them is NOT why I do what I do. I hope your exit speech helps make your life feel more complete and I hope you won't be too offended by the fact that nobody will miss you.

Merry Christmas :D

longarmwj

Wait, so you very politely inform him of your opinion based off of personal experience, then proceed to tell him that if it works for him by all means keep running that setup, and he gets offended?

Personally if I were offended by something I saw online, I would simply close that website and not return. I see no need to tell somebody that you plan on leaving like it's going to change their opinion :thinking:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

Merry Christmas! Just think of all the presents you could have gotten if you didn't waste your money on that over priced carrier!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wait, so you very politely inform him of your opinion based off of personal experience, then proceed to tell him that if it works for him by all means keep running that setup, and he gets offended?

Personally if I were offended by something I saw online, I would simply close that website and not return. I see no need to tell somebody that you plan on leaving like it's going to change their opinion :thinking:

Well, you know, it had been over 3 years since he's last been on here. Clearly, he's exactly the kind of guy the advertisers here are hoping to reach and being that he cares so much about me and this forum, I'm sure he only had the best of intentions when he wrote his long winded social media suicide note. :crazyeyes:

Merry Christmas! Just think of all the presents you could have gotten if you didn't waste your money on that over priced carrier!

LOL!! Probably the only reason why he bothered to log on and post. You know, to help justify his overpriced Chinese hunk of junk by telling others that it's somehow a quality product. :naw:

longarmwj

I've never understood the whole aluminum fad anyway. The idea is to PROTECT your Jeep, and for that I would want the strongest steel you can get. Hell, both of my bumpers are built from chromoly tube and plate steel, and they've taken some HUGE hits and not even bent. I guess the smoke and mirror effect of Terrorflex must make the hype true :doh:

Further more, I have the I6 in my dub, and I have no issues on 35s with get up and go. I have 5:13 gears which helps, but it's not a total dog. Proper gearing will help more then a light weight bumper will.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
At least this asshat is going to do everything to no longer receive notifications, instead of being like the other ass clowns who come back 2 years later, threatening to call the authorities because you won't stop sending them emails. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SilverBack

Why does anyone that gets bent out of shape feel the need to write a f-ing goodbye post. If you don't like it just log out and leave... It the f-ing internet not your family or neighborhood. If you read a review on Walmart or Amazon that doesn't agree with what you think do you write a long assed message to them explaining what you will soon? No, you f-ing leave the site and search elsewhere or ignore it... Fucking thin skinned people can't take constructive criticism. To be honest, I'm glad there are folks who can help me make an informed decision on my jeep but, it's still my decision to make! If someone else doesn't like my shit "oh well" it's mine! Only person that's not me that needs to like it is my wife!

ScoobyCarolanNC

Why does anyone that gets bent out of shape feel the need to write a f-ing goodbye post.

I've always wondered this too. Maybe he wants to be the one who saves the mean jeepers from themselves like an after school special.

Tonight, on a touching Christmas episode of WAYALIFE.....

Sent from my duck blind.

SilverBack

I've always wondered this too. Maybe he wants to be the one who saves the mean jeepers from themselves like an after school special.

Tonight, on a touching Christmas episode of WAYALIFE.....

Sent from my duck blind.

Thinking there are a lot of folks in the world that were made to take a time out for punishment, got a trophy for participation on track and field day in elementary school or spend a shit ton of time on social media telling people what they are doing all day every day !

Top Bottom