Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeep Renegade Deserthawk Pics with Close-Up of Rocker Guard

Jeep Renegade Deserthawk Pics with Close-Up of Rocker Guard

Just had a friend send me the following pics of a brand new Jeep Renegade Deserthawk. There aren't many but as you will see, he also included a close up shot of what the rocker guards look like from underneath! As you can see, they look really beefy and as I'm told, should become available as a Mopar aftermarket part

IMG_9738_zpsru5pna1o.jpg

IMG_9739_zpsl9pyf3rj.jpg

IMG_9740_zpse9ahpxsb.jpg

IMG_9741_zps9xrctyuz.jpg

IMG_9742_zpsenhrlwhh.jpg

Nothing but a Thing TrainWreck618's Avatar
    Looks ready to be dragged over whatever. Looking forward to seeing more aftermarket parts for these little Jeeps

Really hope these come in a lil cheaper than Daystar. We have a trailhawk and want sliders (for looks as it won't be wheeled) but I'm not paying more for them than I did our EVO JK sliders that get abused.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hell, I live in Hell (It's near Baton Rouge)
    I like the idea of a cheaper rock slider, but in addition to the Renny Trailhawk I'm driving and starting to customize now, I'm on my 2nd rock capable Nissan xTerra. I've done allot of wheeling and you need side protection more than bottom. If your watching your lines it's not hard to keep from high siding the bottom pans or pinch seam rails, but it's damn easy for even experienced crawlers to slip of a rock or slide shift on an obstacle and suddenly have a door dented in to the interior beam strut. BTDT it's a bad day. I agree the Daystar are dear as well as the Rocky Road sliders, but until the market competition gets bigger, it's worth the money.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I just looked at a Deserthawk at Rainbow Jeep in Covington, Louisiana. There is a little bit of side protection, maybe an inch, but the construction is more than sturdy enough to weld on a set of rails or DOM tube. I've asked for pricing. Eating lunch now, when I walk back I'll post picks.

2016 Renegade Trailhawk

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUpAZ View Post
    I just looked at a Deserthawk at Rainbow Jeep in Covington, Louisiana. There is a little bit of side protection, maybe an inch, but the construction is more than sturdy enough to weld on a set of rails or DOM tube. I've asked for pricing. Eating lunch now, when I walk back I'll post picks.

2016 Renegade Trailhawk
    The dealer still couldn't get me pricing yet, but they did say they have a part number now.

I climbed under the showroom model and found some things. It looks like the are using the holes in the side of the door opening as part of the mounting points. Things got interesting when I climbed under.

Instead of using the pinch weld seam like Daystar and Rocky Road Outfitters, the rails mount using four bolts up thru the sliders and up into the bed pan just to the outside of the pinch weld.

IMG_5074.JPGIMG_5078.JPGIMG_5079.JPGIMG_5081.JPGIMG_5083.JPG

2016 Renegade Trailhawk

This is good to know! Is mopar adding these on yet? My wife and I were looking at renegade trailhawk for her tonight. Looking like we're gonna be trading for one this week. She really likes the hyper green but we'll see tomorrow when we go back to the dealer in the daytime.

IMG_2084.jpg

B.O.D. Build - 2014 Granite Crystal JKU - http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4...t-Build-Thread

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_JK_Houston_711 View Post
    This is good to know! Is mopar adding these on yet? My wife and I were looking at renegade trailhawk for her tonight. Looking like we're gonna be trading for one this week. She really likes the hyper green but we'll see tomorrow when we go back to the dealer in the daytime.

IMG_2084.jpg

My wife and I like hers. The only beef I have with it, is it could use a gas tank that is 2 or 3 gallons bigger.

Yea. 13 gallon tank about? What do you get maybe 280-300 miles out of your tank?

B.O.D. Build - 2014 Granite Crystal JKU - http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4...t-Build-Thread

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_JK_Houston_711 View Post
    Yea. 13 gallon tank about? What do you get maybe 280-300 miles out of your tank?

Yeah, like JK range. I expected a little more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast