Currie 4" vs Evo Plush Ride 4" Springs vs ??

Robertcrav

Currently, I suppose expectedly, I'm not thrilled with the amount of up travel with my current setup and am planning on moving to 4" springs and appropriate shocks. I have less than 2" between the pad on the axle and the bump stop up front and similar if not a bit less out back.

I run 50% hard top/soft top, have a full size spare as well as a bit of gear and frequent back seat passengers

Current setup
Teraflex 2.5" 2dr spring set and bump stop drops (assumed they'd be softer for my 4dr)
Daystar 3/4" spacers
Fox 2.0 Residence shocks for 1-3" lift
Aries aluminum flares
37" Cooper STT Pro's
Currie rock jock adjustable control arms (8) to be installed soon
Currie RJ44 axles front/rear

Thoughts on ride/flexibility of the different Springs?

I will probably start out with the Rancho 9000xl shocks

Thanks
autocompress1482097911543.jpeg
20161130_181915.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I cant speak on currie, but i really do like my plush ride/rancho 9k combo. Rides great in my opinion, both on and off road. I will run that set up until i do coilovers someday.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Currie coils will sit TALLER than the EVO and they tend to sit ass-down. Also, because they're dual rate, they will hold up weight better but they didn't seem to stuff very well. Or, at least this is with the set I tested out. The ride overall seemed okay if not a bit on the firm side but nothing like TeraFlex coils.

The EVO Plush Ride coils are about as soft as they come. They will yield exactly 4" on a 4-door and provide what I considered to be one of the nicest rides of a standard coil, bar none. If there is a downside, it's that the rear coils will sag a bit if you load up your Jeep with a ton of gear. Being that I almost always carry a ton of gear, I ended up installing a set of rear 1" coil spacers to help make up the difference. Being that they are single rate coils, they stuff nicely.

rogerk93

The Currie coils will sit TALLER than the EVO and they tend to sit ass-down. Also, because they're dual rate, they will hold up weight better but they didn't seem to stuff very well. Or, at least this is with the set I tested out. The ride overall seemed okay if not a bit on the firm side but nothing like TeraFlex coils.

The EVO Plush Ride coils are about as soft as they come. They will yield exactly 4" on a 4-door and provide what I considered to be one of the nicest rides of a standard coil, bar none. If there is a downside, it's that the rear coils will sag a bit if you load up your Jeep with a ton of gear. Being that I almost always carry a ton of gear, I ended up installing a set of rear 1" coil spacers to help make up the difference. Being that they are single rate coils, they stuff nicely.
I am running the Currie coils and you said it perfectly. It does sit ass down, slightly firm ride, and the rear doesn't stuff very well at all.

Sent from my VS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Robertcrav

Thanks Eddie, I was hoping you'd respond

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

zimm

Caught the Bug
I have 3" plush rides sitting on my work bench. I'm going to replace the rock krawler 2.5's to get a little more height. After what eddie said about rear squat, I'll leave my 1" rear spacers in to see how it sits. I have a lot of weight in the back (ARB fridge, ACE bumper, 35" spare, tools, high lift or 5 gal gas can), plus I occasionally tow a Casita camper with about 400 pounds of tongue weight.

shin0bi1

I have 4" evo coils and like it for a daily driver paired with 2.5" evo kings. However when i load my jeep up for expedition style camping and wheeling they sag really bad. I definitely recommend coil spacers for the rear. They will flex like crazy but also takes time to get used to because you are sitting tall and they are soft so you will have to make some adjustments to your driving habits.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Robertcrav

Thank you all for the input...looks like it will be Evo Plush rides

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Robertcrav

I have hard rock rails...even trimmed there is just a slight bit of rub with 37s, they will go back on when I install my Currie arms as I plan to add a little bit of length. However...frame mounted protection is on my short list of to-dos as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom