Temporary solution?

Hey guys back at it again with another newbie question. I'm currently running a 3 inch zone lift with the shocks kit comes with. Stock control arms, stock steering links, I do have an EVO MFG drag link flip kit.

On stand by I have EVO MFG enforcer coils I bought a fellow wayalife member awhile ago, new ball joints, c gussets, shocks etc. the only thing I'm waiting on and I haven't been able to pull the trigger on just et is a pair of front lower control arms... Now I found a sweet deal locally for a set... But the downside is that they are teraflex now I've read plenty of threads of how bad the product is but I've also seen people who in my opinion wheel "hard" or harder than me I will say, but still use their arms/joints and be just fine..

So my dilemma is..
Should I buy this pair of front lower control arms while the budget allows me to? Then rebuild the joints and save alittle money to hold me off until I buy a set of EVO or Currie arms or should I hold out for 6 months or so, to maybe get the arms I really want in the future? I also want to make it known I don't do any hardcore trails just some light wheeling, a lot of forest roads when I go camping and also a decent amount of highway miles to get to those places.

I know that there's pros and cons to both sides I'm just alittle undecided at this point..
Thanks for any help or input it's all appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Hey guys back at it again with another newbie question. I'm currently running a 3 inch zone lift with the shocks kit comes with. Stock control arms, stock steering links, I do have an EVO MFG drag link flip kit.

On stand by I have EVO MFG enforcer coils I bought a fellow wayalife member awhile ago, new ball joints, c gussets, shocks etc. the only thing I'm waiting on and I haven't been able to pull the trigger on just et is a pair of front lower control arms... Now I found a sweet deal locally for a set... But the downside is that they are teraflex now I've read plenty of threads of how bad the product is but I've also seen people who in my opinion wheel "hard" or harder than me I will say, but still use their arms/joints and be just fine..

So my dilemma is..
Should I buy this pair of front lower control arms while the budget allows me to? Then rebuild the joints and save alittle money to hold me off until I buy a set of EVO or Currie arms or should I hold out for 6 months or so, to maybe get the arms I really want in the future? I also want to make it known I don't do any hardcore trails just some light wheeling, a lot of forest roads when I go camping and also a decent amount of highway miles to get to those places.

I know that there's pros and cons to both sides I'm just alittle undecided at this point..
Thanks for any help or input it's all appreciated!

Another option is to look at other control arms such as synergy. There are several options out there,

WJCO

Meme King
If I were were you, wait for the arms you want. Spending money twice on a Jeep sucks. However, why do you need the arms? Where is your caster at now? Could you live with what you got for now?

If I were were you, wait for the arms you want. Spending money twice on a Jeep sucks. However, why do you need the arms? Where is your caster at now? Could you live with what you got for now?

Well the whole reason I want to get the arms is because my lift now is horrible. So my game plan is to go with EVO! As mentioned I have everything ready to make the swap including rancho 5000s and I know with the enforcer you need to have adjustable arms.

Top Bottom