Road wondering

mauijim

I bought a 2012 jk 2 door and it already has a lift and 35's. it sucks on the freeway, wonders all over the place. The suspension is short arms and I'm told by friends at work I need a long arm or adjustable arm kit but these guys don't have Jeeps and don't know what I should be looking at getting. So I need help on this... what brand will fix this problem and or what do I do. I'm a newbie so go easy on me please

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I bought a 2012 jk 2 door and it already has a lift and 35's. it sucks on the freeway, wonders all over the place. The suspension is short arms and I'm told by friends at work I need a long arm or adjustable arm kit but these guys don't have Jeeps and don't know what I should be looking at getting. So I need help on this... what brand will fix this problem and or what do I do. I'm a newbie so go easy on me please

Lol. Welcome to Wayalife. Friends at work that don't own Jeeps told you to go long arm. Glad you didn't listen to them. I know people that do own Jeeps that would tell you to go long arm but that won't fix your symptom.

What kind of lift do you have (how tall and did it come with adjustable arms)? My gut feeling is you have a caster problem.

Also, any aftermarket steering stabilizer? Maybe 2 of them?

Ddays

Hooked
Need way more details. What size lift & brand would help. Photos if you don't know? Not saying I'll have all the answers but it will help everyone to see what you're running.
Have you checked for any loose parts anywhere? And NO, long arms won't cure anything.

Edit: Quickdraw beat me to it

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I'm willing to bet caster is your problem. Fix that :yup:
Oh, and welcome to WAL? :standing wave:

mauijim

Lol. Welcome to Wayalife. Friends at work that don't own Jeeps told you to go long arm. Glad you didn't listen to them. I know people that do own Jeeps that would tell you to go long arm but that won't fix your symptom.

What kind of lift do you have (how tall and did it come with adjustable arms)? My gut feeling is you have a caster problem.

Also, any aftermarket steering stabilizer? Maybe 2 of them?

They're not adjustable... how is caster fixed?... is that the angle of the arms coming down to the housing?

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks you guys... I'm not sure the brand of lift but I'll get pics as soon as I'm off work...

They're not adjustable... how is caster fixed?... is that the angle of the arms coming down to the housing?

Also if you can, use this thread and figure out your caster angle, Caster is explained here. If it's 4.2 or higher, caster won't be causing your symptom. http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3861-Basic-Do-it-Yourself-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Front-End-Alignment

Caster on a JK can only be modified with adjustable arms. You may be able to get by with just front lowers, but need to know your where you're at to start with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom