Can it be thought as engine problem?

tkkim

I just came back from road trip.

And when i drove 5 south, my 12 jku show way too much rpm.

My jku has 3.21 ratio, and three passenger with pretty much luggages.

Anyway it was down hill and 65 mi. Rpm rpm show between 4-5000..

Actually, the wind was pretty strong too but still is is normal? Or do i have to bring it to dealer to check engine?

MTG

Caught the Bug

Actually, the wind was pretty strong too but still is is normal? Or do i have to bring it to dealer to check engine?

Have you driven it since? Is it still doing it?

The wind can play a huge roll...with your brick on wheels. I didn't notice my RPM difference but I lost 3-4 MPG driving into a headwind vs with a tailwind last year driving to/from Moab on the same road.

tkkim

Have you driven it since? Is it still doing it?

The wind can play a huge roll...with your brick on wheels. I didn't notice my RPM difference but I lost 3-4 MPG driving into a headwind vs with a tailwind last year driving to/from Moab on the same road.

Wow really? Now is fine.. surprise. Just wind can make that so high rpm for 65mi on downhill..

gtony12

Caught the Bug

I have a 2012 2 door with 3:21 on stock 18"'s are you running stock tires? I know when I am on flat ground at 62 mph I am @ 2000 rpm's. With a full load at 65 mph even on a down hill could show about right. I am trying to remember what my RPM's were with a full load... If that helps at all :thinking:

tkkim

I have a 2012 2 door with 3:21 on stock 18"'s are you running stock tires? I know when I am on flat ground at 62 mph I am @ 2000 rpm's. With a full load at 65 mph even on a down hill could show about right. I am trying to remember what my RPM's were with a full load... If that helps at all :thinking:

O..no.. I'm running 34' nitto trail grappler.. With aev wheel..

tkkim

But still can be?

gtony12

Caught the Bug
So went out today and tried to get my jeep rpms up to 4000 I have to say I really had to put my foot into it to get it there so it doesn't sound normal to me what your explaining. Did you recalibrate you Speedo after new tires

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

Skirmish

What did the engine sound like? Was it screaming or calm? If it was calm it was possibly an electronic glitch. If it was screaming its a gear change issue maybe you were in 2nd or something?

DirtyJeeP

Is it possible you bumped it onto a lower gear, resulting in higher RPM's. even in a head wind it shouldn't be reving that high, unless it was an extreme headwind.

tkkim

Is it possible you bumped it onto a lower gear, resulting in higher RPM's. even in a head wind it shouldn't be reving that high, unless it was an extreme headwind.

Sigh.. I don't know what happened.. It was strong head wind.. I felt my jeep little bit uncontrolled.. Anyway, so i went to dealer ship today to check my pentstar engine, but they said it's
Fine.. I don't know the reason still..

tkkim

What did the engine sound like? Was it screaming or calm? If it was calm it was possibly an electronic glitch. If it was screaming its a gear change issue maybe you were in 2nd or something?

Yea it was screaming... Ok let me recalibrate with aev procal...

Let's see it's happened again or not

Top Bottom