Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Rausch Creek (open to dates)

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    The hotels are only a few miles from RC and if you go the back way you'll only be going 35-40 mph so I guess it wouldn't be too bad if you stash your doors there. If you camp that's even closer.
    Still fun with the doors on. I left mine on first trip cause I didn't want to dick around carrying my doors up to the elevator in the hotel. Honestly, some of those water crossings are sketchy whether you can make it across without
    taking on some of that shitty water if you go doorless too
    How deep are the water crossings in the spring (generally)? How does RC compare to Moab?

Quote Originally Posted by ak49 View Post
    How deep are the water crossings in the spring (generally)? How does RC compare to Moab?
    I've only been there twice so I haven't seen all of the water crossings yet and I haven't been there in the Spring so I don't know what to tell you for sure. Coz & Sheaffadelic could answer that better than I. But this place 'aint the Sierra Nevadas in the Springtime either! I can say that guys on 35's were right at that level where they could've taken on water if they were doorless.

Knows a Thing or Two Mountainjk10's Avatar
    Nothing out here on the east compares to Moab.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainjk10 View Post

Amen to that. Moab is freakin' epic. RC is a great place to wheel with your buddies & have a blast.
    Don't get me wrong, RC has some really tough trails for sure, but Moab is another level.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainjk10 View Post

What mountainjk said. This place is no where near Moab on any scale. What I can say tho is that it's a different type of wheeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    I've only been there twice so I haven't seen all of the water crossings yet and I haven't been there in the Spring so I don't know what to tell you for sure. Coz & Sheaffadelic could answer that better than I. But this place 'aint the Sierra Nevadas in the Springtime either! I can say that guys on 35's were right at that level where they could've taken on water if they were doorless.
    Yea it can get kinda deep depending on how much rain they got the weeks prior. If they do we can always avoid the few spots that get deep for those that sit lower and are doorless
    October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JKS
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assist

Here's some of the water crossings from the trip in September.

Greg & Will on 35's

7D_18884.JPG

7D_18886.jpg

37's

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474835693.262679.jpg's

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    Nope, never, can't do it.

Ok fine stop twisting my arm already! Lol
    Yes!! Set it up a nice spring run

I would've gotten moist without doors on this one. Pre-lift and 35s20151005_191648000_iOS.jpg20151004_015302000_iOS.jpg

Otherwise I'd say the deep stuff is avoidable. Puddles and pools will happen, but nothing to be overly concerned with.
    The build of "Equinso-Ocha", aka White Devil:
    http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...White-Devil%29

Rausch Creek (open to dates)

I'm in. Been twice with novajeepers and had a blast.

Water is deep. I had mud on the carpets coming in from the doors and felt water under the floorboards.

2015 JKU Rubicon

image-2023539160.jpg

There's a lot of rocks and rock trails if your not into mud, which I'm not.
    2014 Jeep JKU Rubicon

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast