ARB Single Air Compressor under the seat mount?

303jkpatriot

I have been searching around quite a bit and it seems that all the mounts (EVO, Synergy, ARB) for the ARB single on-board air compressor are made specifically for under the hood. The only under the seat ones I have found are for the ARB double air compressor. I like the idea of the under the seat mount (one of my buddies has his double mounted there) for keeping the compressor a bit cooler and keeping it out of the dust. Does anyone know if there is a single under the seat mount or is there a reason why the single mounts are all made specifically for under the hood? If I do go under the hood, I was leaning towards the EVO mount, does anyone have any experience with that one?

Thanks!

WJCO

Meme King
IIRC, I think the single is a little bit taller. The twin has a bigger footprint but isn't as tall and barely fits under there as is. You may be able to do something custom. You could always run cable too and mount it inside the cargo area.

Ddays

Hooked
I used a Carolina Metal Masters one for my double. Might try giving them a call & see if they either have one or have advice in how to adapt

Edit - mine is under passenger seat

303jkpatriot

Ahhh good call WJCO. I didn't even think about it being taller.

Thanks Ddays! My buddy has your same Carolina Metal one, that is definitely nice.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Ahhh good call WJCO. I didn't even think about it being taller.

Thanks Ddays! My buddy has your same Carolina Metal one, that is definitely nice.

I have the single HO under my passenger seat. There is a bracket already there that I used and then a piece of wood for extra support. I can get pictures if you want.

Edit: I put it there because I didn't have to buy any additional brackets.

WJCO

Meme King
Just found a pic online. You may be able to separate the manifold from the compressor and make it work, but it would be custom. Do you already have a single compressor?

1206or-03+double-duty-compressor-arb-twin-motor-ckmta12-air-compressor+ckmta12-twin-motor-compre.jpg

303jkpatriot

I have the single HO under my passenger seat. There is a bracket already there that I used and then a piece of wood for extra support. I can get pictures if you want.

Thanks Mr. Ty! If you wouldn't mind grabbing some pictures when you get a chance that would be awesome.

WJCO

Meme King

:thumb: :thumb: Good to see someone has done it.

303jkpatriot

Just found a pic online. You may be able to separate the manifold from the compressor and make it work, but it would be custom. Do you already have a single compressor?

View attachment 236388

Hmm I will have to play around with it when I get home tonight. My wife bought me the single compressor for my birthday. I would have loved the double as well, but I won't complain on getting the single one!

WJCO

Meme King
Hmm I will have to play around with it when I get home tonight. My wife bought me the single compressor for my birthday. I would have loved the double as well, but I won't complain on getting the single one!

I was going to offer to measure my twin one and you could compare to your single, but sounds like Mr.Ty's pictures will be even better.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Passenger side door open

IMG_0162.jpg

Up close. You can see the piece of wood that I have wedged in there for support. The existing bracket is not strong enough to keep the compressor tucked up.

IMG_0161.jpg

From the front floor boards. You can see the yellow connection that was what the bracket is for. I have it zip tied off to the back seat mount.

IMG_0164.jpg

Up close of the bracket

IMG_0165.jpg

And where I have my switch mounted. Beneath the glove box. It's a temp location until I get a switch pro. Yes, passengers can accidentally kick the switch. Yes, it's hilarious when the do.

IMG_0166.jpg

303jkpatriot

Thank you for the pics Mr. Ty. That is just what I was looking for. I am going to have to copy you and mount mine there too.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
You know, when I see a compressor mounted under the passenger seat I always think it must be saying "I hate my passengers". The compressor is pretty noisy and gives off quite a bit of heat during operation. I usually always have passengers and I can only imagine how upset my wife would be if this compressor suddenly turns on when I am running my lockers or if this is an additional compressor situation, while I am airing up my tires. She normally likes to sit inside while it is cold outside and she attends to the kids during air up sequences.

Am I the only one?

What about running something like this in the back? Does anyone have experience with this?

WJCO

Meme King
You know, when I see a compressor mounted under the passenger seat I always think it must be saying "I hate my passengers". The compressor is pretty noisy and gives off quite a bit of heat during operation. I usually always have passengers and I can only imagine how upset my wife would be if this compressor suddenly turns on when I am running my lockers or if this is an additional compressor situation, while I am airing up my tires. She normally likes to sit inside while it is cold outside and she attends to the kids during air up sequences.

Am I the only one?

What about running something like this in the back? Does anyone have experience with this?

Prior to buying mine, I shared that thought for the exact same reasons as you. I installed mine in the back. After the first air up, I asked my wife how the noise was, she had no complaints. It is a little loud, but also with the twin, you can be aired up in under 10 minutes. No complaints here.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

Am I the only one?

I might change the location once I get air lockers but since I only use it to air up for now it's not annoying at all.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Prior to buying mine, I shared that thought for the exact same reasons as you. I installed mine in the back. After the first air up, I asked my wife how the noise was, she had no complaints. It is a little loud, but also with the twin, you can be aired up in under 10 minutes. No complaints here.

I have the single high output under the hood. I might upgrade my rig with the double and mount that in the rear like you did. I have some mixed feelings about the single and in many ways wish I had gone with the double. Airing up my 37's from 8 to 29 PSI takes about 5 minutes per tire... sigh.

I might change the location once I get air lockers but since I only use it to air up for now it's not annoying at all.

By the way, I like how you have it mounted. It looks good. It is just in my situation, it is not the right location for me.

Top Bottom