Need new TRE for synergy drag link. Any options besides synergy?

Learo2000GT

Good Morning:

My TRE on my synergy drag link at the pitman arm is Fubar and I have my drag link off. I was thinking my local 4 wheel parts would have them in stock but they don't. Is there an alternative that I can get at a local autoparts store or would it be best to just order them up and wait. I would like to get my jeep on the road today but it's not necessary. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I don't think anyone else makes one. You may be able to find one at a local vendor that sells the drag link that's close to you and get it sooner. I would online shop around and see who the closest supplier is or see if anyone on classifieds has one maybe.

Learo2000GT

My local 4 wheel parts can have it by Monday which will work. Just wasn't sure if there was another alternative that is sold in autoparts stores that would work. I see crown and mogge sell tie rod ends but not sure if it will work with the synergy drag link and part numbers. Thanks again.

Slimebones

If you have their late production model, it takes their 4131L on both ends. I just had to replace the pitman arm end on mine which is an early production drag link and it takes an OEM part number which you can get locally.

madstiles

I think the grease depends on your climate I use nlgi #2 whatever brand I happen to pick up they all have to meet certain requirements it should be in your owners manual

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
Good Morning:

My TRE on my synergy drag link at the pitman arm is Fubar and I have my drag link off. I was thinking my local 4 wheel parts would have them in stock but they don't. Is there an alternative that I can get at a local autoparts store or would it be best to just order them up and wait. I would like to get my jeep on the road today but it's not necessary. Thanks in advance

I'd skip 4WP and order a replacement from synergy, give them a call they may even give you a discount or free ...never know until you ask.

Learo2000GT

Thanks everyone. Good advise on calling synergy but it's only 30 bucks and I jacked up the TRE taking it off so it's kinda on me. Although I think it off becouse it was seized up.

Learo2000GT

Think these are what I got did a quick search but definitely double check
MOOG-DS300005
MOOG-ES3624
moog-ds300043

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks. I am going to research these further. I have one coming today at 4wp. But I have not had luck with the synergy TRE boots staying intact. They deal very fragile and seam to rip easily. I like the idea of a lifetime warentee product that I can put on and no I am good.

Learo2000GT

Looking into the Mooge TRE they look like a better set up with a hard runner boot and half the price. Need to figure out the which one is correct length and left hand threaded. I will research further and post up on what I can find out

Learo2000GT

Well just picked up my synergy TRE and they have improved the greese boot. Doesn't have that clear White one with the springs to hold it on. Looks like a great improvement. IMG_5314.JPG

WJCO

Meme King
Well just picked up my synergy TRE and they have improved the greese boot. Doesn't have that clear White one with the springs to hold it on. Looks like a great improvement. View attachment 237083

Cozdude got one with the same upgraded boot too. I just got a spare in the mail today too, same thing. I helped someone change their old style a few weeks ago and the white boot and spring were completely off the joint leaving it exposed. And the joint had play.

Learo2000GT

I am wondering if my other Tre is good. the pitman arm side was shot bexouse it was seized up due to the boot letting contamination in. I cleaned up the starring kncukle TRE other good and pushed new grease through it to make sure all the contamination was out and it moves around good but other than that how do you check to see if the TRE is up to standards. Ps I am sorry for having to active threads on this issue. If admin wants to put them together that's cool in my book. Not that my opinion matters much.

Top Bottom