Beadlock wheels

Fett21

Starting to look for new wheels for my jk. I want to get beadlock but I'm also worried about being DOT approved. Due to this also being my daily driver.

Only easy day was yesterday

Ddays

Hooked
Beadlocks aren't DOT approved because the manufacturers generally do not want to pay for the DOT tests for approvals. Tons of guys run these on DD's. These wheels are strong enough to withstand offroad racing; mall curbs & potholes are no problems.

Fett21

Thanks for the info. I'll just stick to regular wheels for now.

Only easy day was yesterday

Ddays

Hooked
Really?! My point was that I wouldn't even worry about the fact that they're not DOT approved. There isn't a thing wrong with the inherent design of these. Although not a 'daily driver' I have the Chamber Pros's on mine. I've driven cross country twice this past year and have roughly 20,000 miles on mine which is nothing. I know for a fact guys on here have well over 100,000 miles on theirs. Hell, Moby and Rubicat combined probably have at least 150,000 on theirs.

If the DOT is something you're hung up on, along with the Hutchinson's, I believe the Mopar beadlocks are DOT.

Kaylinator

Really?! My point was that I wouldn't even worry about the fact that they're not DOT approved. There isn't a thing wrong with the inherent design of these. Although not a 'daily driver' I have the Chamber Pros's on mine. I've driven cross country twice this past year and have roughly 20,000 miles on mine which is nothing. I know for a fact guys on here have well over 100,000 miles on theirs. Hell, Moby and Rubicat combined probably have at least 150,000 on theirs.

If the DOT is something you're hung up on, along with the Hutchinson's, I believe the Mopar beadlocks are DOT.
I understand that the Mopar beadlocks are discontinued already. At least from my searching the other night.

jeeeep

Hooked
i run Chamber Pro II going on 2 years now, my DD and I make several trips from Tx to Ut each year.

I checked the torque on them once and haven't had any issues with them.

I'm guessing I've put close to 30k miles on them with 37's - I've been known to drive a little over the speed limit when I can :synister:

2Cross

Caught the Bug
I've been running Hutchinson rock monsters for 40,000 miles. A little finicky to get the o-ring in but overall very good. I am switching to ATX slabs this summer because the backspacing doesn't work since I put coilovers on and I'm currently running wheel spacers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

Actually the mopar. We're only dot approved if you were in the standard wheel configuration. In the beadlock position they are or were not originally dot approved. When I looked at them they were not dot approved in beadlock configuration.

sent from your basement

Draconianwinter

As for the dot approved issue I have yet to know of anyone being ticketed for running them. Hell 99% of officers won't even likely know the difference between a true beadlock and simulated beadlock or rocker ring

sent from your basement

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
I have ATX slabs, been pulled over for no mud flaps and no mention of the beadlocks. Been great as a DD. When I mounted them I put on my used 37 trail Grapplers. I didn't even get them balanced and they do fine on the highway.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Get the beadlocks...I've been running TrailReady's on both the Brute & JK6 with no complaints...there are so many simulated bl wheels these days, no one would ever notice...

dytrdr5

I don't know much about beadlocks since this is my first Jeep, but I have owned many BMWs with 2 and 3 piece wheels and have never had a problem with those. I would assume that if installed correctly and you keep checking the bolts ever so often, you will be fine.

Top Bottom