Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions on AEV tire carrier

Opinions on AEV tire carrier

Been looking for a tire carrier once I go to 37s. Looking at Evo hinge mounted, CC hinge mounted, or the AEV frame mounted.

I like that the AEV also can carry a shovel, a fuel tank, and has mounts for lights, CB antennae and hi-lift/pull-pal. But, it's got to work well as a tire carrier first and foremost.

Anyone have first hand experience with it and have some feedback?

Screenshot_20161230-223348.png

같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같
    Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=32769
    Last edited by GraniteCrystal; 12-31-2016 at 05:43 AM.

I've had mine for 2 years. No issues. If it squeaks I tighten it down and is fixed. I never ended up going with any of the extras. FB_IMG_1446943692701+%281%29.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteCrystal View Post
    Been looking for a tire carrier once I go to 37s. Looking at Evo hinge mounted, CC hinge mounted, or the AEV frame mounted.

I like that the AEV also can carry a shovel, a fuel tank, and has mounts for lights, CB antennae and hi-lift/pull-pal. But, it's got to work well as a tire carrier first and foremost.

Screenshot_20161230-223348.png

같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같
    I have had the CC hinge mounted tire carrier for almost a year. It's holding a 40" toyo on a Spyderlock so around 145# with no problem. I have run the Rubicon and a bunch of Colorado trails and it continues to impress me!

IMG_0649.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have one. It works.

It rattles and squeaks which requires torquing things down periodically. Other than that no real big complaints. Some people don't like the offset look. It doesn't bother me. It's less noticeable the bigger the tire.

I still need to get around to mounting an EVO facia and D ring mounts to finish it off.
    en hopup veritas

^^ forgot to attach a picture.
    IMG_4975.JPG.
    en hopup veritas

There us a place in town asking $1400 for one. Off of a salvaged jeep. They said has bumper, carrier and fuel caddy on it. Need place let me know.
    DID I MENTION MY RIG IS FOR SALE?

밆ogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.

밫wenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

Been Around the Block Heavyhaul07's Avatar
    I've installed the aev on several jk's they are nice. I would recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch
    I love mine. The only thing is that your rear view mirror becomes kinda of an accessory since the tire is moved higher up and it also depends on the size of the tire and if you have the fuel caddy.

I have had no problems with mine, I seriously recommend. I was originally going to get the terra flex HD carrier and decided against it. Im happy I got the AEV tire carrier instead.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Much appreciated. Sounds like on the whole it works well.

같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같같

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteCrystal View Post

The AEV tire carrier is what I would run. The EVO hinged mount is still just mounted to the tailgate.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast